Mud in My Blood Forum banner

05 Brute Force 750 Questions

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ApexerER 
#1 ·
I purchase a 05 Brute Force 750 cheap. I didn't think it was all that powerful when I bought it. I just figured it needed a little TLC. A forum member mention that it is common for the chokes to stick so I checked that. I took the carbs off, made sure they were all clean, made sure the main jets were correct and in the right carbs. I cleaned and lubed the chokes. I put new plugs in it. I cleaned the airfilter and made sure the airbox was all clean. I checked that the throttle linkage was synced. I bought a new belt and installed it and checked the deflection. It is in spec with the cogs stickin up a little above the secondary. When i punch it, it doesn't even think about doing a wheelie and the power doesn't seem to kick in until I am rolling pretty good. I assume this has to do with the CDI retarding the timing until you reach 10MPH. Is this wheeler not all it is cracked up to be? Don't get me wrong, it will move but it is by no means scarry. I thought it was going to be a monster.....Am I missing something or are they really not all the quick with out a new CDI and a exhaust. If i rev it up in neutral it will pop every once in a while, like a lean pop. Any sugestions? Should I order a CDI box? I dont' want to order a CDI box if I got another problem...Sorry this is long winded, Thanks

#2 ·
Give us alittle more info. Is it snorkeled? What size tires? When you had the clutch cover off did you notice what springs you had in there?

I am sure that someone else will chim in but i know that mine is stock except the almond clutch spring but even before it had alot of power. Sounds to me like you have another problem dont think it is the CDI. IMO

#3 ·
Quad is not snorkeled, it has 26" tires that i put on, it was the same way with the stock ones. It has the stock clutch spring. I think it has a problem too but i am at a loss as to what it is.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't know man. You may be expecting too much. If your use to riding fast sport machines like yz450's or raptors it might not be a big change for you.But if your use to riding bike like utility ATV's Honda 450 4x4's then the power should be much stronger.With that said it kinda does sound like you have something wrong. When mine was stock it would pull a wheelie any were from 0 -15mph. Just hit the gas and hope you did not turn it over. After i added the 28" tires it would not come up as easy as before but still easy enough to wheelie no problem.

Have you checked your top speed?

#5 ·
I have no idea what the top speed is, i don't ride anywhere where i could get it to go that fast. I came off of a 02 Prarie 650 and I would say they are about the same power wise. I sold my Prarie to buy this one, I bought it from a guy with no yard so my test ride was making sure it ran and the gears worked.

#6 ·
The brute should have more HP but it might not be an obvious difference. Add a Dynateck CDI to remove the low end timing retard and advance the timing and it will help.

Just curious. Were are you located? High altitude?

#7 ·
No, I live in upstate NY, I live @ about 800Ft above sea level and do most of my riding at about 1500Ft above sea level. I wouldn't consider that high altitude.

#8 ·
You could also look at putting on a Moose Module...On the older Carbed Brutes the Moose Module really wakes up the bottom end...

#12 ·
under the plastic near the gas cap there is a wire connector that has pos and neg wires in it and it corrodes(sp)
i think there is a how-to or a sticky about it.
if not i can get some pics and walk you through it just let me know

#13 ·
Thank you, i did a search and came up with nothing so i started a thread on the buss conector switch which you replied too. Thanks for you help, i will look at that tomorrow. Sounds easy enough to just bypass the conector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.