43K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  NMKawierider 
#1 ·
my 750 brute has a knocking noise
i took off cover where belt is located
and im hearing the knocking noise coming
from the clutch area
any help please

#31 ·
heres what happens when she blows big time do not run these machines with a bad knock
Connecting rod

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Tool accessory Automotive super charger part

#33 ·
I sunk my 07 brute and it wouldn’t start. After changing the oil and fishing the engine out several times . I changed fuel and clean carbs. Tapped on roll over switch for like 4 days and it busted off. Ran perfect for about 15 mins. Killed and started up again ran for about 5 mins and it started knocking. What’s wrong with it

#34 ·
I sunk my 07 brute. Drains everything, pulled spark plugs, changed oil and filter several times. Cleaned carbs, Changed fuel, and tapped on roll over switch till it started. Ran perfect for about 15 mins. Kill it , and started it up again and after about 5 mins it started knocking.

#35 ·
All sunk engines are on borrowed time. Some will go a year.. where some won't get 10 minutes...and some won't run any more at all. If it was running when it got water in the crankcase, then it mixed with the oil and was pumped through the bearings which destroyed the surfacing. Also cold water on hot valve stems warps them and causes them to stick in the guides..which holds them open for the piston to hit the valve heads. There are a number of other nasty things that can happen but in any case it sounds like...it's over for yours. It's full rebuild-time I'll bet. nFlow does a great job and warranty's their work. However, being an 07 it may not make ecconomic sence to spend that much on it. Might check ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.