Mud in My Blood Forum banner

stays in 2 wheel drive?

7K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  Brute650i 
#1 ·
i did the buss con fix on the rear and front now when i put it in 4x4 it does nothing just stays in two wheel drive no flashing 2x2 to 4x4 nothing i manualy put it in 4x4 and as soon as i turn on the key the motor puts it back in two wheel drive any input would be great.

#9 ·
when out and tryed some things i found that when i turn me key on with the bike in two wheel drive the front motor on the diff buzzes for about 2 min then the 4x4/2x2 light starts to flash back and forth really fast it is like its trying to engage to 4x4 with the bike button in 2x2 now im really am lost :banghead: i didnt have a problem one with this bike until i messed with the buss conectors went riding weekend before i did this and every thing worked fine shifted in and out of 4x4 with no problems. :thinking:any ideas??

#12 ·
on the front there are black wires with yellow strippes and two black wires with grey dots i did not put the two groups together that was the only thing i questioned i did the belt reset and still nothing. could there be a relay some where that could be causing this? i called the local shop and they cant look at it for two weeks and mud nats are this weekend. trying to get this thing ready. but im stumped!

#14 ·
I would have to say you need to go back and retrace your steps through the process. You must have missed a wire somewhere or if you soldiered the connections you may have a cold soldier joint.

#15 ·
let me ask a stupid question are these some of the problems that the buss con wires would cause? fan,4x4 ext... just so i dont sound to dumb all i have ever owned were hondas up until about 4 mounths ago when i bought this brute. so im still trying to figure this beast out.

#16 ·
yea have you found out if the two black/Grey dots wires is supposed to be with the black/yellow wires. i have never messed with the front buss so not sure where there supposed to go. that might be your problem. i think mudcrazy on HL had a long post on the buss connector fixes you might can see from her post if you did something wrong or missed a step

#19 ·
all 6 black/yellows get soldered together, all 4 whites get soldered together and all 4 browns together. Disconnect the battery before you mess with the wires and seal and seperate the groups then tape back to the frame.

#20 ·
^ that's for the rear. he needs info for the front.
I'll find the diagram.

#26 ·
What happens when you flip to 2wd?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.