Limp mode trouble - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-17-2016, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Limp mode trouble

Hey guys new to the forum and new to brute forces in general. I just got a 2009 brute force 750 that supposedly has a high compression motor, cams, blah blah blah! But it's stuck in limp mode and I'm having trouble getting it out because it appears someone jumbled up my wire harness under the seat so I'm not quite sure where to start. Ima try and upload some pics of it and hopefully y'all can help point me in the right direction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	85
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	17721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-17-2016, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

That's the little plug that looks like it's coming out from under the plastics by itself. Here's all the rest that are attached to a big wire loom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	17729  
post #3 of 11 Old 04-17-2016, 08:42 AM

Oh man...another cluster Fu*k wiring problem for a new owner to correct. Best thing is to get the service manual and start tracing out the wiring diagram and get that thing back to factory specs. EFI machines don't take kindly to modifications like KEB deletes and bypasses without the proper equipment.

06 BF 750 (Silver)
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3s | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | Dynatek CDI | Twin Air Filter | TPI Adjustable Airbox Valves | YFZ Catch Can Mod | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | EPI Pink Primary W/ Almond Secondary | PowerMadd Handguards & Mirrors | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | 2013 a-arms & bushings | 2012 Seat | Ricochet Armor | HL Front Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | Moose Dual Gasser Throttle

15 ZForce 800

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

So I'm thinkin Ima take the high road on this one and put another harness in it. My question is are the carbed brutes different from the fuel injected ones in the wires harness? Is all the fuel injected stuff handled on a different harness? Only reason I ask is I was lookin around on eBay and I found one that said it fits 2006-2010 or somethin like that
post #5 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Rollin' Deep

The harnesses are different. 05-07 carbed, 08-11 FI

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 North Star HVAC edition
'10 750 Brute (CAMO) 26"Big Horns on ITP 312's, Viper Max 4000lb winch, Kawi rack extentions.
Sold '08 750 Brute (TEAM GREEN)26" Big Horn 2.0 on ITP 112's, ASR a-arm bushings, Muzzy Super Pro Duals, MSD with VFJ tune
'03 250ex Honda (Red) 22" Swamplites on ITP aluminum wheels, 1.5" wheel spacers, DG front and rear bumpers, Fly Racing bars with rogue grips, Power Madd hand gaurds, FMF pipe.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Like Coolwizard says, you will have to get one for an 08-11 750i.

06 BF 750 (Silver)
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3s | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | Dynatek CDI | Twin Air Filter | TPI Adjustable Airbox Valves | YFZ Catch Can Mod | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | EPI Pink Primary W/ Almond Secondary | PowerMadd Handguards & Mirrors | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | 2013 a-arms & bushings | 2012 Seat | Ricochet Armor | HL Front Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | Moose Dual Gasser Throttle

15 ZForce 800

post #7 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Professional Mudder

It looks like in the second pic, that the two middle black plug and white plugs are the ones you interchange in order to do a reset. But don't hold me responsible for that advice .You also have the belt trip switch plug near the CVT cover .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

05 750,Stock Engine,Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Uni Air Filter,
14" Vision Bruiser wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR,
3" PVC Intake w/restriction - 2" ABS CVT, center snorkels,Carbs Keihin-#40 pilots 2 1/2 turns out A/F ,#158/#158 mains w/30 thous. washers under stock NFKL needles, 2012 front suspension,
Mr. Gasket 42s Fuel Pump Mod
10" Hayden s-type Electric Rad Fan Mod - mod fan mount
Aftermarket ebay radiator
post #8 of 11 Old 04-19-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

so I did some researchin and I figured out that half my white plugs dont have them little black caps on em. Other than that my wire harness seems pretty ok accept for those two stray wires chillen out in the top pic. what are those and what do they do? I can see where someone made one for the fuel pump because I took that little wire out of one of them plugs and the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Could those missing caps be part of my problem? I tried the trick where you do the reset procedure by connecting the black wire to the red wire with a paperclip and no luck. Also another thing i noticed is the engine breaking solenoid likes to whine a lot when you cut the key off. It'll whine for a little bit, stop, turn a little ways, wait a sec, wine some more, stop, do something again...
post #9 of 11 Old 04-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Professional Mudder

Send a message via AIM to 2010Bruterider
Those black caps are actually relays. 2 are missing. And it looks like they put a jumper in place of the relay on that one. The 2 wires broken off are probably the fan reset breaker. It's likely your fan won't come on. The KEBC actuator is possibly failing as well. It should only run for a few seconds after key off. Starting and stopping sounds like it's dragging.
Do you have a grey plastic plug with a red wire looped to 2 pins in it? It isn't attached to any other part of the wiring harness. That's the belt reset plug. To do the reset, you have to disconnect the belt switch on the belt box. It's a 2 wire connector on the ride side of the bike above the belt box. Then plug the reset plug into that black plug by your broken fan breaker. Turn on the key and watch the belt light. It should blink fast and then slow down and blink slow. Turn off the key. Plug the black plug back together and the belt switch plug too. That should fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 Brute 750. 29.5 OG s/w laws, VFJ stage 3, Kujo uppers, ASR lowers, rmax manual 4x4 (love it), full HMF exhaust w/snorkle, ODI Rogue grips, Viper 4500 winch, 55w HIDs, ASR tie rods, Gorilla axles, RDC 2" lift, MSD, MIMB 3" center snorkel and MIMB rad relocate.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Well that explains a lot because it has a new fan it's just rigged up where you plug it in to turn it on. I plan on putting that on a switch anyways. As for that reset plug it's MIA so I figured I'll just use a wire to connect it myself. Problem is I tired jumping the solid red wire to the Black wire in that plug and it did nothing. I checked to make sure the belt switch was in its correct position and it was plugged in but the belt light still just flashed at a medium pace. Not rapidly like it should be
post #11 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Professional Mudder

Send a message via AIM to 2010Bruterider
I don't know which wires the reset plug jumps, so I can't help you there. I know you have to disconnect the belt switch at the same time you use the reset plug. If you didn't, you need to try it. Test the belt switch at the connector. It should be closed with the switch reset. It opens when the belt pushes the switch forward. The switch could be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 Brute 750. 29.5 OG s/w laws, VFJ stage 3, Kujo uppers, ASR lowers, rmax manual 4x4 (love it), full HMF exhaust w/snorkle, ODI Rogue grips, Viper 4500 winch, 55w HIDs, ASR tie rods, Gorilla axles, RDC 2" lift, MSD, MIMB 3" center snorkel and MIMB rad relocate.