09 Brute Force 750 running rough - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-16-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

09 Brute Force 750 running rough

Ok I have an 09 brute 750. The problem I am having is it is running what I would say is rich. Smokes black all the time even at idle and worse under throttle. If you give it gas it spits and sputters. Now if you rev it hard it clears out and wont sputter but still smokes like it's loading up on fuel. Also it won't even start unless you disconnect the vacuum lines from the front and rear of the throttle body (the ones that run to the IAC valve). Once it is running with the vacuum ports open you can put your finger over the rear port and it shuts down immediately most times or it will sound like it's on one cylinder. At times it will also pop really bad through that vacuum port on the rear and you can see a spark in it. My brother in laws brute does not do that however, as far as the vacuum part. Have checked TPS, IAC valve, cleaned throttle body, checked injectors. Has fuel injector cleaner in it now also. I'm out of ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-16-2017, 02:25 PM

It sounds like either bad or stuck injectors or low power to either the ECU or ignition system. Check the valves while you are there and ensure the air filter is clean but start testing those systems as well as the connections under the fuse box for corrosion. The 09 was a pretty trouble-free machine so it has to be something basic.

06 BF 750 (Silver)
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3s | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | Dynatek CDI | Twin Air Filter | TPI Adjustable Airbox Valves | YFZ Catch Can Mod | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | EPI Pink Primary W/ Almond Secondary | PowerMadd Handguards & Mirrors | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | 2013 a-arms & bushings | 2012 Seat | Ricochet Armor | HL Front Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | Moose Dual Gasser Throttle

15 ZForce 800

post #3 of 3 Old 02-21-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Checked injectors, checked connections under fuse box already. All good on those. Valves are fine. I did put an in line fuel filter in to see if I was getting any pressure through it and it barely is even filling up the filter. Now this is all after I changed the sock at the bottom of the pump and punched the screen out on the internal pump. Now since the sock I went to is much larger than the small one it doesn't fit very good in the plastic thing that it goes in on the bottom the pump. So since I'm having to cram that new sock in there and it's in a bind could that cause a fuel pressure issue? Maybe I should just not put the plastic thing back over the sock and let the sock stay exposed in the tank now that I have in a in line fuel filter to trap dirt.