Mud in My Blood Forum banner

2008 750 carb/fuel guage issues.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Polaris425 
#1 ·
My problems lie with my recently acquired 2008 Teryx 750. I have found out that the choke plates are not moving when the choke is pushed in, they seem to be stuck closed causing a very rich fuel condition. I'm not sure what or where to lube as I haven't messed with small engines (stick to automotive engines). Also my fuel gauge doesn't seem to work 99% of the time. I know the Brutes and Teryx use many of the same parts so I'm hoping someone with some experience with either can help me.

Thanks
Wes

#2 ·
I didn't know the 08 Teryx still had carbs...but..I would expect they have the same Kiehins the Brute do so they are plungers that either allows or not allows fuel to be pulled straight from the bowel. The cable pulls these plunders open which opens that port to the vacuum from the intake camber. So..they..or one may be stuck in it's open position. Very common as the spring rusts. Just follow the cables to the carbs, pull the retainer screws out, shoot some WD in there to loosen and slide it all out, clean it up, flush out the tube with WD and reinstall. Might have to replace the springs though.

The rest of your problem must be electrical so look for corroded connections first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.