2011 Brute Force 750i Issues - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2011 Brute Force 750i Issues

Well, this is my first post here... admittedly after lurking for quite some time. I was hoping my first post could be something a little more positive, but it seems there are a lot of really knowledgeable people on this forum and I'm hoping one (or more of you could help me out)

I recently bought a 2011 Brute Force 750. Much to my dismay, i found that the previous owner hadn't disclosed some extensive (and incredibly unnecessary ie. La Cucaracha air horn, marker lights on all 4 corners, HID headlights with led halos, and a front carrier mounted amp and speaker setup) modifications he had made to the bike. Much like most of the people who add this sort of junk to their machines he had neglected basic maintenance. Upon receipt of the machine, i rebuilt the front end (new tie rods/end, new wheel bearings, new control arm bushings, new ball joints, new diff fluid front and read, and a good oil and filter change.
as well as removing all the nonsense he had installed. Long story long, I took 'er for a ride once everything was back together and the brute shut down on me seemed to lose electricity entirely. Come to find out I had missed some of the extraneous wiring and something grounded out. After fixing that issue it leaves me where I stand now. I can turn the key and hear the fuel pump and relay start, the engine will roll over, but shortly after it dies. if I keep my thumb on the throttle it will continue to run but it will not idle. Hopefully, this was descriptive enough for someone to help me diagnose what is causing this issue

Just a side note. I've made sure that the roll-over sensor is oriented correctly.

Last edited by tonyb443; 06-18-2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: adding bit about roll over sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Forum Admin.

That's a tough one.

First, I Can't believe you didnt leave the cucaracha horn on it... I mean come on.... (haha... )

I wonder if the fuel pump isn't producing enough at idle to keep it running. Does it run fine while riding it?

MIMB - The REAL "Brute Central"

www.MudInMyBlood.com We Have a Thread for That...
post #3 of 3 Old 06-19-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
if it were a bit less obnoxious i may have kept it but my dog was it loud. I can get it to run as long as my thumb is on the throttle, I got it into reverse to get out of the garage and managed to ride around a bit and it was severely lacking in power. even with the accelerator pegged. it's odd though because when I rev the engine in neutral it seems like it revs up where it should.