Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Drive belt failure detection switch noise?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Tinker 
#1 ·
Just bought the brute so trying to figure some things out. Have read the brute does make quite a bit of "mechanical" noise but was wondering if this is normal. When you turn the key on you can hear some clicking and clattering in the area where the drive belt failure switch is located. There are no lights on flashing or otherwise. But you can hear it makeing some noises from time to time when riding and then after you shut the key off it does some more purring and clicking after the rig has stopped running (30 seconds or so). I did notice a bit of slipping when trying to pull impliments this weekend (nothing very heavy). I suspect i have a belt slipping but wanted to know if I should exclude the noise im hearing as an issue or if it may be part of the problem. What do yall think?

#2 ·
Noise is normal. Try to learn to ignore it.. haha.. If you ever DONT hear it.. then you got a problem.

As far as pulling stuff, yeah you might have slipped it a little bit, especially if you weren't using low. What tires are you running?

#3 ·
just stock tires nothing oversize. And like I said it wasnt anything heavy enough to made it slip. I noticed the slipping less actually when I went from a a really light broadcast spreader to a heavier cultipacker. Was running at a little higher rpm too though. Maybe rpm range part of the issue? Was only running 3-4mph with the broadcaster but had to feather the gas to get out of the "lull" spot. Totally new to rig and havent rode it much at all yet so not sure whats "normal"

#4 ·
well if you are pulling them in low it shouldnt be slipping, yeah it will take a little throttle to get it going. Is it brand new? Or did you buy it used?

#5 ·
Yeah get used to the noises it makes now, that way you notice when it make a different noise than normal... that's pretty much the only way you'll know if something is wrong..

#6 ·
its an 06 w/ approx 800 hrs. Bought it as a total at an insurance auction. So thus part of the issue figureing whats "normal" plus never owning a brute before. You mention useing Low. I never even thought about that since what i was pulling was so light espescially when the slipping was most noticeable. Should use low in the future I guess

#7 ·
Use low pulling pretty much anything if i know im going to be driving slow through trails etc i put it in low. im 99% sure what your hearing is the engine brake it makes a noise when turning the key on and when turning it off. probably the noise your hearing while driving is it working (going down a hill etc)

#8 ·
oh yeah could be. i had totally forgot these things have jake brakes. Well thanks for the input I guess ill just have to get some more saddle time till things get a little more familiar. If nothing else by buying a wreck i am haveing to become familiar with it in a hurry:thinking:

#9 ·
yeah riding in high is probably why it was slipping.

If it were me, before I did anything else I crack the CVT houseing open and see whats going on in there, check the belt and the deflection... could need some adjusting.

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18

^^ How to stuff.

#12 ·
The purring and bells and whistles your hearing on shut down is the computer doing a systems check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.