Mud in My Blood Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute Force 750 Snorkel

25K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  gpinjason 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey i need to know if the specs on the brute snorkel is the same for the 08's ...

What Do I need to Buy?

A) CVT Intake
Keep stock rubber coupler attached to front of CVT Housing.
2 - 45's

B) CVT Exhaust
1 - 45
3 - 90's
1 - 3" to 2" rubber coupler

For 2008 & up brutes, there is a valve you must work around, click here to see the 2008+ CVT exhaust snorkel & parts list.

C) Air box Intake
1 - 90 rubber 3" coupler w/ clamps
1 - 2" 90* Street Fitting
1 - 2" 45* Street Fitting
3 - of whatever you want to put on the tops of your snorkels (90's or 45's - your call)

D) 1 - 10' stalk of 2" Sch40 PVC.

E) 3 - 2" Rubber Couplers for uprights.

do i need all this for the 08??

See less See more
#3 ·
Exactly the same. Make sure you use the 3" rubber elbow on the intake!

#7 ·
thanks..appreciate it...i think instead of buyin the couplers i could just run 3 str8 pipe up rights...less money if ya think about it...no money on couplers = what i have to spend on the 90's or whatever i do on top of the pipes

#9 ·
AlphaDogBrute750, those 3 couplers on the stacks serve an important purpose.
If you roll the bike, the snork uprights will come out or bend at the coupler. This will save you having to redo lower broken snorkel pipe if the bike gets rolled.

#12 ·
they sell 4 or 5 foot piece for approx 4.80 here.

#13 ·
aight..thanks yall..im just trying to do it right cause iv never done one before...does the pvc cement work best or should i use that an silicone around the pipes or what would be best?

#16 ·
Yeah the rubber couplers serve several purposes, one is so that its easy to get the plastic shroud back on, its very very aggrivating to get the shroud on and off w/ the high snorks.. trust me. I broke one doing it. Thats why I went back w/ the couplers. I had str8 up stacks to begin with.

#17 ·
Doing mine this week. Probably tomorrow. Gonna try the straight pipe up instead of the couplers. But, I can see what you guys are talking about as far as them serving a purpose, especially the rolling over part.

#18 ·
I don't have couplers on mine. I just take the left the 90's unglued. I take them off and the plastic on top of the pod. Then it lifts straight up. I will probably be adding the couplers to mine. I like the look of the couplers.

#19 ·
Smae here, I have 45's on my pipes, and leave them unglued, makes it a lot easier to work on it. Also a question, I made mine a long tim ago, when 2" rubber elbow was the norm, now I keep reading make sure its three, suppose I should fix this, huh? Im guessing better airflow?

#21 ·
Do it. You can knock it out in about an hour and you should notice a difference.

#22 ·
Pretty simple fix with the 3" rubber 90.

#23 ·
on the 90s is it a 90 elbow or a reg 90?

#25 ·
Hello all, I recently bought an 06 camo brute 750. Been reading the posts on here about snorkelling and it's benefits. I printed off the how to on the home page. I do not have a manual so I need to ask the pro's. Do brute's have diff vents? Seems like it is real easy to snorkel my brute if there aren't any diff vents. Also it says for the carb vents to take one up into the pod. Please forgive but I owned/still do a yamaha warrior and know nothing of the brute as of yet. Any and all help would be appreciated.

#26 ·
Yeah your diff vents should already be run up under neath the handlebars (pod). The carb vents, are run together into that little white canister, which you want to replace w/ one of these (see picture) and the hose that was on the end, put it on the 3rd leg of the T and stick it up under the bars w/ the others ;)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.