Mud in My Blood Forum banner

HOW TO: Reset Maintenance Codes

103K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  filthyredneck 
#1 ·
Here is a How-To for manually resetting the "Maintenance Required" code that comes up each time your CanAm is due for maintenance per whats programmed from the factory. This way does not require the BUDS software that the dealer uses, its just a little long winded....but it will save you money unless you just have an awesome dealer that will plug up to the computer for you for free. I got this in the form of a print-out directly from the service manager at my dealer....who just happens to be really cool.

1. ECM must be completely powered down.
2. Transmission in PARK.
3. Turn the Ignition Switch ON.
NOTICE: Engine must NOT be running.

Now the following steps must be done in this order in 4 seconds or less:
1. Press the Override Button.
2. Press the Brake Pedal.
3. Release the Brake Pedal.
4. Release the Override Button.
5. Press the Brake Pedal.
6. Release the Brake Pedal.
7. Press the Override Button.
8. Press the Brake Pedal.
9. Release the Brake Pedal.
10. Release the Override Button.
11. Turn Ignition Switch to OFF and Allow to Power All the Way Down.

NOTE: After turning the ignition switch to OFF, the electrical system stays ON for a moment. Wait till it's completely off.

Next time the ignition switch is turned on the maintenance message will not be displayed. In the event the maintenanc required message is still present or has come back on, do the procedure again.

See less See more
Reactions: phreebsd
#4 ·
Has it been proven to work yet?
It was a print-out that was distributed to the dealer from CanAm/BRP..... I do not know if it works for all years or only the newer ones, I did notice just now on the bottom of the printout it says "2011-12 SERVICE" ....so maybe it only works for the brand new ones, but it can't hurt to try on any of them if it saves a trip to the dealer. The service manager and the guy in the shop that reset my code both said it works, but occasionally you have to do it more than once.

*The paper even says "Please make sure to communicate this information to your customer." I just figured it would be a great addition to the little CanAm info we have here.

#3 ·
It works on the commanders.

#6 ·
Anytime...hopefully I get some good stuff in this section since we don't have much. Give me some time lol, I'll be waist deep in this bike soon;)

#9 ·
That sucks... Hopefully it will still help the newer bikes, I know it works on a commander, friend of mine had to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.