MudInMyBlood Forums
Go Back   MudInMyBlood Forums > Brand Basics > Kawasaki > "How To's" > Snorkeling & Jetting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #106

Bootlegger is a jewel in the roughBootlegger is a jewel in the roughBootlegger is a jewel in the rough
Whats your screws set at? Also...have you looked at your plugs any?

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi
Bootlegger Performance Tuned
MSA Nuke Wheels, 27" Interco Reptiles, ODI Grips, Twin Air Filter
3000lb. Xtreme Winch, VDI ECU, Dalton HAC Clutch kit
CMG Custom Primary, HMF Swamp Series Exhaust, ASR Tie Rods, STI Springs
Tamarack Rear Box, BP Snorkels
, Engine Ice, Full Ricochet Skids

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Reply With Quote Go to top
Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #107
Gettin Muddy

keith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootlegger View Post
Whats your screws set at? Also...have you looked at your plugs any?
screws are out 2 1/4 plugs look black. thanks

maroon pri green sec
warn 3000
snorked front and back
temp gauge
ss212 14''
Old 10-30-2010, 04:31 AM   #108

Bootlegger is a jewel in the roughBootlegger is a jewel in the roughBootlegger is a jewel in the rough
go in to about 1 3/4 and see how it does. Maybe loading up a little. You could drop down one size in your mains as well and see how it does.

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #109
Gettin Muddy

keith is on a distinguished road
i turned the snorkel towards me and it stopped backfiring. who knew thanks for the input

maroon pri green sec
warn 3000
snorked front and back
temp gauge
ss212 14''
Old 11-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #110

kwh650 is on a distinguished road
im doing top end rebuild on 07 650i so while it taken apart i am going to snorkel it and was thinking about using 2 1/2 or 2 abs on intake the only thing done to bike is 750 cylinders fst pistons and i done exhaust mod so as far as jetting where do i need to start do i have to change pilot and main help
Old 11-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #111

kdm256 is on a distinguished road
hey guys im sorta new to this forum thing, but it seems like bootlegger is the man on this topic! I have an '06 750 with a dyntek box, MIMB snorkels w/ the 3 inch coupler update. I had a slight pop when letting off the throttle so i went to a 40 pilot. Which fixed that problem, but now i have a very bad hesitation when mashing it from a stop to WOT. I've bumped up the a/f screw to 2.5 from stock and every half turn in between, i've tried a 42 pilot on several a/f screw settings, I've shimmed the needles about .040, nothing has seemed to be better than the other. The only thing that fixes it is to have the choke about 1/4-1/2 and then it will take off like a banshee! ANY help would be greatly appreciated before this thing becomes part of my next bonfire!
On a side note my top end also dropped about 15mph after the snorkels however i've went from the factory 152f & 158r down to 142f & 148r each on a step by step...my top end has came back by about 8mph so far but the initial hesitation has not changed. PLEASE HELP!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm256 View Post
hey guys im sorta new to this forum thing, but it seems like bootlegger is the man on this topic! I have an '06 750 with a dyntek box, MIMB snorkels w/ the 3 inch coupler update. I had a slight pop when letting off the throttle so i went to a 40 pilot. Which fixed that problem, but now i have a very bad hesitation when mashing it from a stop to WOT. I've bumped up the a/f screw to 2.5 from stock and every half turn in between, i've tried a 42 pilot on several a/f screw settings, I've shimmed the needles about .040, nothing has seemed to be better than the other. The only thing that fixes it is to have the choke about 1/4-1/2 and then it will take off like a banshee! ANY help would be greatly appreciated before this thing becomes part of my next bonfire!
On a side note my top end also dropped about 15mph after the snorkels however i've went from the factory 152f & 158r down to 142f & 148r each on a step by step...my top end has came back by about 8mph so far but the initial hesitation has not changed. PLEASE HELP!

Please PM me your phone number...it will a LOT easier than trying to type and pm back and forth. I think I can help you out. I had the same issue with my 06 750 and I finally got it corrected after pulling my hair out. BTW, my real name is Mark. I assume you are using a Dynojet stage on 1 kit?

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #113

kdm256...I sent you a PM. just let me know.

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #114

Patdaddy is on a distinguished road
Hey Boot, I have an 02 650 prairie all stock except for a K @ N air filter. I had to shim the needles with a #4 washer because of spitting and sputtering!! That really helped when the bike warms up but when it is cold it still spitts and pops slightly and struggles to idle. What now? Does it hurt to close the choke slightly until it warms up???? Appreciate it bro!!!! air screws are around 1 1/4 out

Last edited by Patdaddy; 11-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #115
Gettin Muddy

WOLVERINE is on a distinguished road
My new 09 had some issues with idling and would miss then stall. I thought it was the Dynatek CDI so yesterday I dived in to install the new DJ kit! Found 155's F/R and installed DJ 140R, 136F. When I accessed the A/F screws this is where I found something weird! Front was 2.25T out and get this, the rear was 0.25T out! Yeah, that's not a typo! Make no wonder she was running like ****! Can't believe they set them up like that from the Factory!
Anyway they are both 2.25T out and what a difference! No more miss or stalling!!!!

2009 BF 650i (Officially the Wife's), HDPE Skid plate, Penlock, 2500lb Warn, Uni filter, Dynojet kit, Heated Grips, Kimpex Flexi Trunk, Kimpex Flare Windscreen, Fender Extenders, Fender Protectors w/footpegs...

2009 BF 650i (Mine), HDPE Skid plate, Heated Grips, RDC 2" lift w/ 2" pipe lift, 26" Mudlite XL's, ITP SS 112's, Dynatek CDI Uni Filter, Dynojet Kit, Penlock, Kimpex FlexiTrunk, Fender extenders, Fender Protectors W/footpegs, Flare Windscreen, 4000lb Viper Winch w/Remote,
To be Continued...
More Accessories on order!

1996 Wolverine 350 (Gone to a new Home!)
Old 11-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #116
Rollin' Deep

BrutemanAl is on a distinguished road
Hey bootlegger , I have an 08 Brute CDI in it , and just about a month ago i bought a HMF performance slip on from a guy on this site. Since i put it on , after the bike is warmed up and i hit the throttle wide open and then completly let off the throttle i get a backfire or as i call it a snapping in the exhaust. I have not touched my carbs since i bought the bike new. I did't have anything like this happen with the stock exhaust.

im new to all this stuff for the most part,and when i checked and asked on a few diffrent site's most people said I wouldn't have to change my jetting with a slip on.

Any advice ? If you need anymore info let me know.

2008 Brute Force 650 I Super Black , 27" MudZilla's on SS 212 chrome rim's , Floor board protector's , CDI Dyna Tech , HDPE full Skid Plate (custom made) and custom made A-arm guards , Diamond G tie rods , 2 inch lift kit , 2500lb warn winch , , front storage box mod , grease fitting mod on all a-arms ,Temp Gauge Mod and fan Toggle switch , Wild Boar Rad Relocate , MIMB 2" Snorkels, eTrex legend gps , 5 ' Easy Mount Plow
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutemanAl View Post
Hey bootlegger , I have an 08 Brute CDI in it , and just about a month ago i bought a HMF performance slip on from a guy on this site. Since i put it on , after the bike is warmed up and i hit the throttle wide open and then completly let off the throttle i get a backfire or as i call it a snapping in the exhaust. I have not touched my carbs since i bought the bike new. I did't have anything like this happen with the stock exhaust.

im new to all this stuff for the most part,and when i checked and asked on a few diffrent site's most people said I wouldn't have to change my jetting with a slip on.

Any advice ? If you need anymore info let me know.
should of came here...lol. Just kidding man. Yes, you will have to rejet it. If you don't have snorkels just follow what the directions tell you...most of the time its very close if not right. Make sure you get the Dynojet kit for the 650"I". Dnynojet stage 1 kit. Anytime you change the exhaust and especially a high flow pipe like HMF...you will have to change your jetting. If not, your not getting any performance gain.

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #118
Rollin' Deep

BrutemanAl is on a distinguished road
Tanks man !!!

2008 Brute Force 650 I Super Black , 27" MudZilla's on SS 212 chrome rim's , Floor board protector's , CDI Dyna Tech , HDPE full Skid Plate (custom made) and custom made A-arm guards , Diamond G tie rods , 2 inch lift kit , 2500lb warn winch , , front storage box mod , grease fitting mod on all a-arms ,Temp Gauge Mod and fan Toggle switch , Wild Boar Rad Relocate , MIMB 2" Snorkels, eTrex legend gps , 5 ' Easy Mount Plow
Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #119

kdm256 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootlegger View Post
Please PM me your phone number...it will a LOT easier than trying to type and pm back and forth. I think I can help you out. I had the same issue with my 06 750 and I finally got it corrected after pulling my hair out. BTW, my real name is Mark. I assume you are using a Dynojet stage on 1 kit?
No I bought factory keihin jets, heard too many issues w/ the dynojet kit...btw I pm'ed you my number...
THANKS!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #120
Trail Rider

flowbackman will become famous soon enough
I was wondering I am gonna get a programer and Jet kit for my 07 750i brute is Moose a good one to get or what should I get I am in S. MO don't know the elivation