Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Foreman Snorkel

25K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  muddybuddy 
#1 ·
I was looking through some files on my computer and found this old how to for a foreman 500 snorkel. This set up is not the only way, as a matter of fact I did mine differently.

This is a list of the parts in order from air box to top of snorkel.
1 1/2" 45 deg elbow
4" long 1 1/2" pipe
1 1/2" 45 deg elbow
5" long 1 1/2" pipe (I actually went longer than this to get the reducer away from the motor after I melted one)
2" to 1 1/2" rubber reducer
11" long 2" pipe
2" 45 deg. elbow
8 1/2" long 2" pipe
2" 45 deg. elbow
Short piece of 2" PVC to connect 45 and 90
2" 90 deg. elbow
Short piece of 2" PVC to connect 90 to threaded coupler
2" threaded coupler
16 ga sheet metal I would use thicker but I had this laying around
2" galvanized steel pipe coupler
2" threaded coupler
A piece of 2" PVC how ever long you want your snorkel to be.
2" 90 deg. elbow or whatever you want on top of your snorkle
He used a 2 1/2" hole saw for the plastics and in the sheet metal.

I glued my pipe instead of the screws and silicon that this guy used.

I used the same route but I used a rubber coupling coming through the plastics instead of the threaded coupling and metal plate but I have also used plate and threaded coupling on other bikes. They both work well, the plate gives you a break off point if you roll it. On a side note, I've used straight smooth sided radiator hose as the riser on 1 1/2" snorkles so that it will bend instead of break.

You can also use 3 street 45's coming out of the air box instead of 2 with pipe in between.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
coming out of the airbox

Attachments

#3 ·
side of the bike, I went further down with my reducer

Attachments

#4 ·
Under the fender

Attachments

#5 ·
his threaded coupling

Attachments

#6 ·
overview (plate could have been nicer)

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks man! :)

that's a good looking honda!

We're getting a good amount of info here!

#8 ·
Nice deal. Would it basically be the same stuff for an 03 450 foreman? Got a friend that wants to do his. IS there only one snorkel to worry with and what are the 4 rubber lines coming up? Thanks

#11 ·
running 1.5" all the way doesnt allow enough air. you can run 2", but it is hard to make fit in the airbox.

#12 ·
The way we have done them is to run it to the center of the bike. That way you have a little more time if it starts to roll one way or the other. I'll try to get some pics up this weekend while it's tore down. It is 2" all the way.

#15 ·
Ok so i just bought a 2000 Rancher 350 and the guy was in the process of snorkeling, but he said he had to re jet the carb. This doesn't sound right to me. It currently has 1 1/2" flex house to 2" PVC. I haven't had it running yet(waiting on the jug, valves and piston to get back from the machine shop)so i don't know what it runs like yet. Does this set up sound like it would result in it running lean so much as to r Jerry the carb? If so couldn't I just put a wye and second vent in to get more air flow?

#16 ·
yes when snorking a carb bike it has to be rejetted

#18 ·
U have exhaust on it to? If so run a 160-165 jet and ull b good to go

I rather be riding rack deep then using TAPATALK on my iPhone 4

#22 ·
2014 snorkel on a foreman 500 helpful tip for running vent lines

Ive been reading these forums on diy snorkels when i did mine i tapped in to the pvc pipe with a threaded nipple ( lack of proper term) to connect all my vent lines for a better look than them running out the fender and up the snorkel.the lines are inexpensive but i did it this way and havent had any problems and it was alot easier than trying to feed all those lines to the hole in the fender just to go up the snorkel. I'll try and a picture as soon as i can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.