Mud in My Blood Forum banner

2013 Rzr 800S.. needs more power.

22K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  abthis01 
#1 ·
just bought it, having fun for the 40km's that I've put on it.. I threw 28" silverbacks on it, turns them in 4 low with ease, but even with the stockers.. I wasnt' impressed with the power. doesn't have the response and 'oomph' that i'm used to with my brute.. even with it rolling on 31's feels like a totally different monster. Would a new Primary give me that power i'm looking for? guy at work bought a new commander 800... and Im kind of regretting the RZR 800 when I see the power he has. so with the 4000$ price difference, id rather just put money into mine ( cluthes, lift, 30's ) and make it a monster . lol give me some tips :)

#3 ·
Well you are getting more air/fuel to your brute motor with the set up you got, which equals more hp. Also you gotta take weight into consideration....power to weight ratio is A Lot diff between your brute and RZR. A good clutch kit will help with response and help your belt since your going up in tire size/weight. There's only a few ways to gain hp though...more air and fuel, high performance exhaust, turbo's, and bigger engine. Those rotax motors are great motors. I wonder what the commander 800's actual displacement is compared to the RZR 800??? Hope that kinda helps...

#4 ·
Yeah I guess ill just clutch it and just keep the brute for.my getupandgo itch. Are there any clutches that work well with the rzr? Sorta like vfj for brutes, airdam/cvtech for can ams..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
okay ill check into them!, less then 40miles on the **** thing and wrecked a CV boot, and from factory I guess my A-arm guard/skid plate is rubbing my other Boot by the diff, and my brake cable wrapped around my axle...good thing I brought my brute up to work as a backup toy... lol

#8 ·
Take those stupid arse boot guards off man. That'll happen to all of your boots as mud gets trapped in there.
Go with a QSC clutch, you won't be disappointed. I had a 08 with the same issues your having with lack of power. Coming off a renegade to a RzR was a bit of a change. Weight difference between these bikes are crazy. A RzR weighs about 978 pounds and a brute is what, 550 or so?
Power ratio to wheels is a huge factor on these. Clutching is about the biggest way to get it there. Yeah, you can buy a exhaust system, get a PCV and have it tuned, it'll help some I'm not saying that's a bad idea.
What it all boils down to: how do YOU ride and what do YOU want this RzR to do? Through trial and error, you'll find answers that work best for YOUR application. What I have done in the past or what others have done may not necessarily be or do what you want.
Just my .02, hope it helps

#9 ·
QSC clutch.. And there is a big difference in power and torque from the 800 V-twin can-am with 72 HP ,,, compared to the 800 in-line twin with 56-58 HP from Polaris..

That is 14-16 HP difference off the start.. Plus there are no mods other than turbo kits, that can get the HP on the 800 RZR up to where the can-am is stock..

#10 ·
there's a company up here called HPD that built a razor naturally aspirated with 130+ horsepower.

#12 ·
I looked I couldn't find it on his website. he was still in the R&D on it. I do know he made his own head from scratch. he had a casting mold made. he probably will be selling them. he also told me he had 2 or 3 motors he's blown up on his way to this point. I also know he makes a new differential casting that's heavy duty for the razor.

#13 ·
Must have is clutching....put 32 Terms on my 2011 with the clutch kit and WOW... get out of the way. Canned Hams need that extra HP, they are heavier....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.