Mud in My Blood Forum banner

MIMB Labor Day Ride

4th Annual Labor Day Ride!

17K views 105 replies 27 participants last post by  rmax 
#1 ·
Well, it was brought to my attention (Thanks 08Beast) that it's about time to start discussing the 2012 MIMB Labor Day Ride.

I've posted a poll of a few parks that are central to the south, so just vote for the one you would like to go to.

Obviously I dont really have any control over this but, please, if you dont plan on attending then dont vote. If you live in Michigan and are voting, then, it isnt going to be fair the poll results. Now obviously if guys from up north want to get together for a ride of their own up there somewhere then by all means create a MIMB Northern Ride thread and ya'll get after it! Or if you REALLY are going to try to come down, then go for it, 08beast drives all the way down from WV each year so...

I tried to pick good parks (from our past and from listening to others) that are central to the southeast.

#3 ·
Well its still va lol. I'm not going to vote for one but given the distance I come I would like to go to one I haven't been to. So ccc and boggs and boulders is out for me unless there really the best park then I'm all for it.

Now let the plannin begin. :rockn:

#4 ·
Well, I've only been to MS Offroad once. But i did notice they have mostly trail riding. We rode around for 30 minutes before we found any mud. But the mud they have is nice. You can ride down the bank of the Pearl river, take a swim if you want, but don't try to ride across it, it gets deep. I'm up for anything. I dont know which to vote for, so I'm gonna hold off on voting for now.

#6 ·
Well I know there have been multiple rides, like the guys from Texas will usually get together and have their own MIMB labor day ride somewhere close to them, all of us in the south central area usually meet up, the east coast guys usually get together, so it's cool if you northern guy's want to all get together and have a ride too.

#7 ·
Been wanting to go to red creek bad. Tower trax is starting to get alittle dull. Need some variety

#8 ·
Polaris425, just looking for some help creating a thread for Midwest/Northern riders...Id really like to see how many people out there are within this region looking to get a ride this summer or maybe take a trip south! Any help would be great...thanks

#9 ·
voted for red creek , they have made several improvements in the past few months, but on a side note they normanly have a sponsored ride labor day an have a huge turn out, most cabins an camper spaces are reserved very early, so if its picked i would say we need to decide fairly soon so the members with campers, or needing motel rooms can have a chance in finding a place

#10 ·
Yup they usually have a mudfest over that weekend and its packed! kinda makes it hard to find a spot to park then you'll find yourself inline waiting to go threw a mud hole. Unfortunately I won't be attending this year because the Coast Guard always feels its good idea to deploy me over labor day weekend. Missed this ride 2 years in a row, now going on 3

Sent from my droid when I should be working. MIMB RULES!

#12 ·
normally I dont put red creek on the list for that exact reason. It makes it too hard for our guys to actually get together and hang out a ride and enjoy themselves as much when the park is packed. Some like it better though and would rather go there instead, some are so hammered they couldnt care less....

I probably wont make this one this year either so it's ya'lls call. I've just always liked the less crowed parks.

#13 ·
I'm all for the experiance and the chance to ride the trails more to my liking, lots of mud/waer riding. Now with my ol lady being pregnant and due in mid Oct its going to be tough to get there. Now after saying that, unless she having a really tough time i'm still coming. :rockn:.

On that note John you can't use the excuss you don't have a ride. I'll bring the rzr for ya to ride. So start saving up hoss.

#15 ·
Id imagine she won't let me get to far away lol. But she wouldn't ride much if any which would still leave a free seat.... unless u want to ride with her again. Ha. She still remembers takin u for a ride :rockn:

#16 ·
Coal Creek? Are you kidding me?

I'll leave my ATV at home and I'll see you guys on the trails in the Taco...it has A/C! lol

Voted!

#17 ·
only 15 post , i can not belive this

#18 ·
I'd like to come but Alabama is about as far as I want to drive. So thats where my vote goes.

#20 ·
no alcohol doesnt bother me. prefer it actually lol... some people can ride and have a few and act normal. the other %85 cant. lol

#21 ·
I'm one of the few that can handle my alcohol, so that being said I hope it isn't there cause I pesonally won't go ride ANYWHERE that I can't enjoy an adult beverage !! LOL Come to think of it, I don't remember even one time since I've owned mine that I have ridden it without having cold beverages. LMAO

#22 ·
MS Offroad advertises "No Alcohol", but they don't say anything about it. I've been there twice now, drinking both times. No issues. They did put a speed limit on the main road of 15mph cause they had too many crashs last year. The speed limit is enforced, but that's all. They had a ton of mud too. It had been raining all week prior to our ride. Like I said, anywhere is fine with me.

But since CCC is right down the road from me, I vote for CCC

#25 ·
I personally love copiah creek. We went opening weekend this year and it was great! I vote either copiah creek or ms offroad! I can see a great video coming on from this!

#26 ·
I just got back from Red Creek Offroad, and I want to change my vote! Rmax has a great group of riders down there and the park is fantastic. Plenty of mud & flooded trails to ride down. Water riding like that was a lot of fun tonight. There are a lot of strong Brutes in that group and one loud as s Teryx on Outlaws. Thanks guys

#27 ·
I just got back from Red Creek Offroad, and I want to change my vote! Rmax has a great group of riders down there and the park is fantastic. Plenty of mud & flooded trails to ride down. Water riding like that was a lot of fun tonight. There are a lot of strong Brutes in that group and one loud as s Teryx on Outlaws. Thanks guys
everyone was proud you came, an want to extend a welcome any time you want ,had a great time my self ,an sure
i can get my front bumper back to normal position by the next ride,that tree friday night was pretty solid an 1 fast stop,an sure the bruses an stuff will heal, we hope to have our club discount worked out by the next ride ,will not be much but every dollar helps, the owner was impressed by the size of the group we had there this past weekend , for the most part all of us were the locals, no one from north or central ms showed except you an al,if they had come would have been 30 or more bikes, we have the spot we were in plus 3 more reserved for the labor day weekend so there will be plenty of room. rmax BACKWOODZ BOGGERZ look for us on face book

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.