West TN Riders - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

West TN Riders

Anybody ever ride in or around the Memphis area, Covington Pike Bottoms or the Hatchie Trails?

We have had inches of rain the past few days and we are planning a ride Sun, starting around 10ish at the Covington Pike Bottoms. Some friends from Paris/McKenzie TN area are coming down to ride. If in the nieghborhood stop by and get wet and muddy with us. If you need directions let me know.

Greg G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Professional Mudder

how far out of memphis is the spot where you all ride
post #3 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Is there a lot of mud there....East Tn is all Mountains here...

Mark Barnett
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suzuki King Quad 750AXi
Bootlegger Performance Tuned
MSA Nuke Wheels, 27" Interco Reptiles, ODI Grips, Twin Air Filter
3000lb. Xtreme Winch, VDI ECU, Dalton HAC Clutch kit
CMG Custom Primary, HMF Swamp Series Exhaust, ASR Tie Rods, STI Springs
Tamarack Rear Box, BP Snorkels
, Engine Ice, Full Ricochet Skids

Randy Miller Racing...

Cumberland ATV Riders

I support our Troops!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

Actually both places, Pike and Hatchies, are both within the city limits of Memphis. The Pike runs parallel, roughly, to interstate 240 from Summer ave to just west of Hwy 51. Its a good ride, trails, mud, and water. The Hatchie trails starts in the northern part of the city limits, right near the police and fire academy and runs all the way to the Raliegh area. The trails run along the Loosahatchie river for the most part. It is a lot of trails and mud. Both places have sandbars along the river that we stop, hang out, and enjoy adult beverages on. If water is down its a great area to play in. I personally have been riding the Pike trails since I was in my early teens.

Both trails are within 30 minutes from my house and you can ride for 20+ miles so they are real convenient.

With all this rain I am out for this weekend, the river has flooded some of the lower spots to where they are impassable. I think I will snorkel mine and get at it next weekend.

Greg G
post #5 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Professional Mudder

Greg do you know Robbie( Mudlift) from SSATV? He's from right around your area.

08 Brute Force 750
MIMB Snorkels with 2 1/2 Air Intake
28 Zillas n ITP SS112's
Manual Temp Gauge
6k HID's
VFJ Stage 3 Clutch
VDI Copperhead ECU
HMF Swamp XL

MIMB Ride at Rock's Bottom video link

post #6 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

I have never met him but I know where lives, a friend on mine is friends with him and lives in the same neighborhood.

Greg G
post #7 of 45 Old 09-18-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

Just a few years ago, we could ride from one trail system to the other, it was an awsome ride, the few times we made it it was like 10-12 hour ride one way. only had to go through one little ghetto neighborhood and we were back on the MS river levees. Folks riding through some farmers soubean fields ended all of that.

Greg G
post #8 of 45 Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Trail Rider

the covington pike trails are fun but memphis weather blows! I hasnt stoped raining for weeks if feels and those trails get nasty and to deep for most fast. i wish someone would make a safe place to park, i parked off covington pike about a mouth ago had a great day of riding to get back to my truck and three friends trucks with are lock hole puntched in and everything stolein. i now park in the big parkin lot off summer right next to the drive in movies and back my trailer up to the poles in front were they have camras. there is a trail if you drive across the entrence of the drive in that takes you to the covington pike parkiing lot. hey Greg g were to you put in to get to the Hatchie Trails i think ive riddin them before but didnt drive and its been to long to remember

06 Brute Force 750
MIMB Center Snorkels
Radiator relocated
UNI air filter
28" swampwitches
HMF full system pipes
dynojet kit
Marron Primary
Almond Secondary
post #9 of 45 Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 AM

Hatchie Bottoms

Where do you put in to go to the Hatchie Bottoms? And will the water be too high to ride this Sunday (10-18-09)?
post #10 of 45 Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM

Do you put in off Hwy 51 or do you actually go behind the Fire Academy.. this is what a Memphis police officer told me one time I believe.
post #11 of 45 Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

We all park in the Greenhill foolball stadium lot that is right next to the academy. Turn on a road called OK Robertson from Hwy51 (thomas st) and you will see the big lot.

Up until yesterday we hadnt had problems there but Sat evening someone decided to break into some trucks. They hit 3 trucks in our group and took some purses, and checks. I swear I hate a theif. I hope they get whats coming to them.

Greg G

Last edited by Greg G; 10-19-2009 at 08:51 AM.
post #12 of 45 Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

I think there are some folks riding the Hatchies this Sat and some more are riding the Pike. If I can make it I am going to the Pike. If anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome. If you need directions just post up and I will do the best I can to get you there and not lost.

Greg G
post #13 of 45 Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 AM

I think a group of us guys are riding the hatchies for our first time Sunday... Just a little nervous about parking
post #14 of 45 Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

I have rode that Hatchies for several years now and this past weekend was the first time we have had a problem in a couple years.

There a few things that you can do to lessen your chances of getting hit. If you are taking trailers back them up to the posts in the lot of have someone pull their truck up against the trailer. Also take everything out of your truck or take it with you. A thief can do lots of damage to a credit card or stolen check in a few hours.

The other things I ask is this, after you unload dont play around in the parking lot, unload and roll out. Out of sight, out of mind thing. It is a city park and there are ordinances about off road vehicles in parks. Also there is a big ditch at the edge of the parking lot, stay out of it. It just looks real bad seeing someone tearing it up in a ditch in a park that is right next to the police academy. The only reason I say this is because I have seen folks doing wheelies across the parking lot and getting stuck in that ditch.

Ride and have a good time, the trails are pretty good there.

Greg G

2006 750 Brute bored 80 over. ITP rims, 28 MSTs, Viper Elite 4500, Ride n Rest (summer) Tamarack classic (winter) blue strobes, MIMB snorkels, stock exhaust mod,
post #15 of 45 Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Definitely.. Will do. If I get a group together, I'll make sure no one acts an idiot around the park. I've been wanting to go since two years ago when a couple of older Memphis Police Officers I took the ATV safety course with invited us that evening. They said it was a great place to ride.

But I will definitely not take any idiots with us that will act up and tear up the areas around the parking lot.

We all mainly ride the North side of Sardis Lake, and I'd like to get something going out there with trail clean up. 1 bad grizzly on the HL forum talks about the trail clean up his group does around Hatchie and Pike and I'd like to see us do that at Sardis and keep our cans and trash packed away and not thrown out.