Traxter 500...any thoughts? - Page 2 - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

Ahh but this one doesnt have the aluminum frame. It's all steel tube chassis like our brutes. I think it has like a 600 pound rack capacity(!?!). It's like an ATV and a tractor had a baby.

P425 I think you're in the right direction with the high idle. Common issue with these is to have shifting issues due to high idle. Also it like stalling when you stop suddenly in gear. (1st or 2nd). So I am leaning that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 AM

SHIFTING

If the atv is above low idel it will not shift well with the gear selector from park reverse low high or n it is so it will not run away if you put it in gear with it running fast. We have had one since 2000
freddywhit
post #18 of 19 Old 03-23-2015, 02:17 PM

We recently picked up 2 of these. One is an 02 i think, the other is an 05

We looked for this model because my uncle is paralyzed from the waste down, so cannot swing his legs over a bike easily. With this model having the step-thru type design, he is able to ride with us!

It might be ugly, but i can tell you i took it out into the woods and put it to the test, it was an absolute tank. Unstopable! The only time i got stuck was on a muddy steep incline with tree's on both sides of me so i couldnt turn, and couldnt get traction to go up ... so i hopped off and hooked winch to a tree, pulled myself up the rest of the hill. Otherwise she took absolutely everything i tossed at it, and with a very wide wheel base it was VERY stable, i was literally trying to tip it (had to test thoroughly before he got on it) and i never got it even close to feeling like she was about to tip.

I agree its goofy looking, but so far very stable, strong, and definitely serves a purpose for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 Old 11-25-2015, 03:22 PM

2003 Traxter 500 XL

I live in the Rockies in BC. In fact I live on the side of one. Quad out of the yard, trails everywhere. Most of the time I am climbing up hill. Trails are 50 year old narrow logging roads that some are overgrown. When I first seen this machine I was thinking what a weird design. The km were pretty low and the price was right. After going from a tippy but reliable honda 350 fourtrax that has been thru it all with no problems to a 500 Traxter, all I can say is Cadillac. So stable, So strong. Sure I can go way faster than the 350 but I also have the comfort of being like a tank. Doubling two wheels crossing creeks when climbing the bank with no slight feeling of rolling over. The 350 would always roll a few times on every trip if not a dozen times. We ride hard and push machines hard and most of our terrain changes by the second. I would buy a second one for my wife. Strong, stable, reliable, work horse. The nice room in front of the seat is a good place to put the feet on shallow crossings. The Honda is not even in the same ball park. I also own a DS 650 with 70cc big bore kit. It's a rocket but I rather ride the Traxter in the bush for my mining and just regular cruising. The DS 650 is just a toy to rip on here and there. Great quad the Traxter is for utility

Last edited by steelhead3180; 11-25-2015 at 03:28 PM.