1k outty full 2" snorkels & RDC rad relocate - write up & pics - Page 2 - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 45 Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Thanks everyone, JP KILLED it, looks great so much room with the pod still intact. once i get coolant in it and change out a couple temp fittings and get some paint on the pipes ill snap a few pics with the inner fenders re-installed to show the finished product.. again props to Rubber Down Customs for making a killer rad kit. SUPER impressed... but in your next kit add a few straight barb connections...i had to buy 2 to finish the job and the factory pipe flipped is PERFECT as JP pointed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 45 Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Sponsor

Awesome write up. We did however improve our rad kit, we lowered the profile a bit, and the rack mounting bolts closest to the pod are now using the factory mounting holes in the rack (like the forward mounting holes), so its not a pain in the ***** to get those bolts in place anymore LOL.

2009 Sportsman 850 XP EPS, -2nd Generation 2-1/2" lift kit, Bar Ends, Gas cap, Rad overflow Cap, Aluminum Swamp Lox (with 32's for racin), Rubberdown Customs Racing Footwells!!!, 30" Zilla's on 14" SS212's, ATV GURU Bumpers, QSC Slip on Exaust, QSC Clutch kit, Mud Ind. Snorkel Kit

04.5 500HO, RDC Lift Kit, Gorillas up front, Turners in the rear, RDC Aluminum Gas Cap and Overflow cap, RDC Bar Ends, RDC Throttle cover, HSP motor job, QSC Clutch Kit, 29.5's on RDC Aluminum Swamp Lox, Rad racked, snork'd, 46 HP!!!
www.rubberdowncustoms.ca - [email protected]
Join our Face Book Page!!!
post #18 of 45 Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberdown View Post
Awesome write up. We did however improve our rad kit, we lowered the profile a bit, and the rack mounting bolts closest to the pod are now using the factory mounting holes in the rack (like the forward mounting holes), so its not a pain in the ***** to get those bolts in place anymore LOL.
NOW you modify it :-) lol did you check on the rad 1" to 1" 90 degree fittings? it fits so much better with straight ones used.. just our opinion ( Plus the factory hose worked so well

amazing kit tho guys so happy with the quality of the rad kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 45 Old 04-26-2013, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberdown View Post

I thought it was simple enough as it was, lol. I pulled the rack & "hood" piece to pull the rad, so I simply bolted the rad into your bracket & then your backet onto the rack while it was still off the bike & everything was out in the open.

Very nice piece for sure. As Blknite23 noted, we used one of the 90* couplers you included & sourced two straight hose couplers for very clean fitment. Flipping the lower hose around and putting it on the rad & extending the line down by the T-housing really made it fit nicely.

The rad on those 1k's is a freakin parasail, only so much you can do with it fitment/looks wise - LOL.

"In2Deep - Our drinking crew has a mudding problem"
https://www.facebook.com/in2deepmudders

'11 Max Limited -
JP's customs 4" lift, snorkels & rad relocate
30" Motoboss/MSA Pilots - 32's were fun, but not on the trails.....lol
'08 Teryx -
new build coming......
post #20 of 45 Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 PM

Yeah, bug when you run that cheap hose I bet it's collapsed down to 1-1/2 in places
post #21 of 45 Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 PM
There's Mud In My Blood

^i actually dont believe the hose jp uses is cheap at all, last i heard it is a very high quality marine hose, similar to whats under my plastics on my renegade.
post #22 of 45 Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 PM
SAY I WON'T!!!

Seen many many snorkles done using that marine hose and never seen/heard of any problems caused due to the flex hose...

Great job & write up JP

Dale Golden

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

2009 CAN AM 800R OUTTYMAX
SS212/28" SILVERBACKS
MUD INDUSTRIES SNORKELS
RUBBERDOWN CUSTOM POW/MIA RAD RELOCATE

2012 Can Am Commander 1000 XT
29.5 HL Outlaw2's
CVTech Primary & machined secondary
Custom Diamond Plate roof/BRP half windshield
Rigid 10" SR LED light bar/42" light bar
Yeti Cooler for the Cold Beers!
post #23 of 45 Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyredneck View Post
^i actually dont believe the hose jp uses is cheap at all, last i heard it is a very high quality marine hose, similar to whats under my plastics on my renegade.
Maybe I am mistaken, on the type of hose being used here. The pipe that I have seen around here that is ribbed like that, is a glorified vacuum hose. And IMO as soon as it makes a curve drastically cuts down airflow.

I personally prefer hose that has a smooth inside, better airflow.
post #24 of 45 Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuChuck View Post
Yeah, bug when you run that cheap hose I bet it's collapsed down to 1-1/2 in places
???? - if that was directed towards me/this thread you need to actually look at the info posted on that hose before you respond. - It has a helical wire & will handle full vaccum w/o any ID change, as this is exactly what it's designed for.

I've sold hose/fittings for a living for 10+ years, this is what I do.

'11 Max Limited -
'08 Teryx -
new build coming......
post #25 of 45 Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPs300 View Post
???? - if that was directed towards me/this thread you need to actually look at the info posted on that hose before you respond. - It has a helical wire & will handle full vaccum w/o any ID change, as this is exactly what it's designed for.

I've sold hose/fittings for a living for 10+ years, this is what I do.
Good to know.

Did you not read my last post were I stated I may have mistaken the type of hose used?

I on the other hand have not sold fittings for the last 10 years so I am certain you know more then me on the subject.

I have seen similar hose used and I didn't like the quality. So I don't use it.

If I offended you then don't post things on a public forum where you may encounter criticism.
post #26 of 45 Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

No offense taken, and no I didn't realize the thread had split to a second page. Sorry if I came off defensive, I've gotten a lot of comments before because people automatically assume it's just "spa hose" or "vacuum cleaner hose" and post w/o reading the info provided.

It is somewhat what you could call a "glorified vacuum hose", as it is simply an industrial flex ducting hose. - I have at least 20 bikes running this hose, a couple of which have been done for almost 10 years now w/o any problems, very few other snorkel jobs can claim that on machines that get used most every weekend. Plus, it's super easy to work around since you can simply unhook one end & flex it back out of the way.

I have never & will never run an all hard-pipe snorkel. Too much of a pita to do, even more of a pita to work around, and far more prone to fatigue/crack/failure over time due to not allowing for flex. Also more likely to mess up plastics over time, again due to lack of flex.

'11 Max Limited -
'08 Teryx -
new build coming......

Last edited by JPs300; 05-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.
post #27 of 45 Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Hey JP,

Thanks for the additional info. I agree it would be nice when servicing your machine. I use flex PVC for the same reason. It has a little give to it if you jar something. I guess time will tell how it holds up to the elements.

Happy snorkelling
post #28 of 45 Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Speaking of Hard Kits... while bombing around 82 at our local hole..i saw a small graveyard of someones hard kit in the bushes and some pieces near the water lol kinda got a chuckle out of it...
post #29 of 45 Old 05-22-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blknite23 View Post
Speaking of Hard Kits... while bombing around 82 at our local hole..i saw a small graveyard of someones hard kit in the bushes and some pieces near the water lol kinda got a chuckle out of it...

lol - we ran into a guy out there one time that was bragging about having run the motor intake, belt intake, and belt exhaust all in one riser.........he was really proud of having T'd everything together under the plastics......

'11 Max Limited -
'08 Teryx -
new build coming......
post #30 of 45 Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPs300 View Post
lol - we ran into a guy out there one time that was bragging about having run the motor intake, belt intake, and belt exhaust all in one riser.........he was really proud of having T'd everything together under the plastics......

isnt that like plugging your power Strip into itself ?? Infinite power!!!!

his bike was sucking and blowing all at the same time .. Infinite Power!!