2014 XMR 1000 Build - Page 2 - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 46 Old 11-15-2013, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

As I've talked about...my ACS went out this weekend. I'm done with it, too much electrical for how we ride.

Checked the whole system for leaks...ZERO. (that was what I was told causes ACS fault)

The computer is going nuts, front locks up on acs 1...won't dump, then randomly it will dump when you put it up to 6. Then rear will dump on acs 6 but only 1/4 of the way. Then everything goes up to 6 but won't go back down. It's a mess.

So I capped it off.

Home depot 1/8" NPT brass caps.

Whole system functions still, I can get air out of the fill line and compressor doesn't even try to fill up at all when riding (stays on ACS1). When you want to do anything with the air chuck just plug it in and move up to acs 6. Works perfect and no fault code.

Compressor DOES NOT short cycle like everyone says it will.

Now keep in mind I'm still experimenting, BUT I bought Fox Podiums (Renegade 1k shocks) and I'm hoping I still won't have the ACS fault. I was having it when trying to air up ACS settings. If I stayed at ACS 1 it wouldn't fault.

If it does go into fault mode all the time, I may get an outlander computer and just take out the whole solenoid part and leave the compressor and run a line straight to the tire fill valve and run a switch to the pod. Keep it simple and still have on board air. it would save my arse one day

As of now, I'm still waiting on CATVOS and QSC for the rest of parts.

"In2Deep - Our drinking crew has a mudding problem"
'14 XMR 1000 - 4" CATVOS w/ Rhino's, 31 S/W, QSC/STM, Custom 8" Tubes, P-ATV Risers, LTE Exhaust, Light Bar, Rear Seat, Yeti Roadie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Professional Mudder

<---proud "igniter" of this swap/build......LOL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/in2deepmudders

'11 Max Limited -
JP's customs 4" lift, snorkels & rad relocate
30" Motoboss/MSA Pilots - 32's were fun, but not on the trails.....lol
'08 Teryx -
new build coming......
post #18 of 46 Old 11-16-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Oh yeah...love that max frame!

I am happy things turned out the way they did but this ACS is killin' me...I wish Sun Sports had a MAX to work an insane deal on not a XMR. BUT...I'm so ahead of the game having wheels/tires to sell, snorkel was easy, and rad already up. Just bought the Fox Podiums so as of now with buying the podiums and seat I'm at the deal I could have got on a MAX.

BUT...I still have suspension/compressor/wheels/tires to sell...

'14 XMR 1000 - 4" CATVOS w/ Rhino's, 31 S/W, QSC/STM, Custom 8" Tubes, P-ATV Risers, LTE Exhaust, Light Bar, Rear Seat, Yeti Roadie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 46 Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Rollin' Deep

Nice build and nice ride.

2012 brute 750 EPS 2 inch extreme lift
Wild boar rad relocation on 30 10 12 silverbacks
MIMB snorkels. And more to come.
post #20 of 46 Old 11-28-2013, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Oh boy...knew this would happen. Ups brown truck comes. I get 4 packages today. Shocks came...great! Rhino axles....awesome!!! Get the lift... well

So I open the trailing arms box first....no good. Immediately see chipped powder coat.

Call up Scott. Send some pictures. Just explained my situation and what is going on. When he saw the pics he said holy hell. Its horrible.

He is taking care of it no questions asked. Sending me a brand new lift from a different powder coater. He said they have been battling powder coat issues lately. But this is the worst they have seen.

Needless to say I'm a little bummed but super pumped to have nice powder coat and I'm very happy Scott is personally handling this. Speaks volumes for the company and his business.

I don't want to bash CATVOS so I won't post the pictures but I will say that its awesome how he is handling it

As for today...

Got a ton of work done.

Got my CATVOS in. PERFECT powder coat, i mean perfect. Real thick and nice. Sent back the old stuff and I'm getting started installing. Just taking my time I am very meticulous.

QSC charged my card so that should ship any day.

As you guys know, sent out my computer to get re flashed essentially. That should be back any day.

Took out the entire ACS system, right down to the air lines, shocks, compressor ETC.

There is a ton of crap.

Anyone who does this, there is a lot of cussing involved to get the compressor out, I ended up cutting the bracket in half (you'll see what I mean), and I took out all air lines. I just zip tied all the wires up and I'm very very happy with how much less clutter there is

post #21 of 46 Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Progress report:

Took the whole front right apart, I'm doing one side at a time start to finish. This way I won't lose any bolts, misplace any parts, or forget anything.

First I'll start off with the boots, the front boots are EMPI-86-2453D and the rears are 86-2404D, props to JPS300 for the part numbers

That is what is included in the EMPI kit

Front's on the left, rears on the right

Front all apart

Clamp tools, the top one is for the EMPI clamps, the bottom is the Rhino Clamps (which I COULD NOT reuse BTW). They were too big for the empi boots, which means they are thinner rubber at the cup.

The EMPI boots feel much stronger, do not stretch nearly as much, and are a lot thicker at the ribs (which is where rhino's break)

Tool being used for rhino clamps

Repeat x 4 and then pound off the outer joint to get the boots off

This is my CV axle hammer, non marring

Put some more grease in there!

Rhino on the right, EMPI on the left

All done

I'll get some more work done tomorrow, but time has been really short!

post #22 of 46 Old 12-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Gettin Muddy

Looks like a lot of fun. But it will be worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23 of 46 Old 12-12-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Got some more work done!

Don't mind the axle angle, it's at full full droop just checking the boots. The way I had to do the boots was take off the inner bar clamp and let the boots go out more. They were too scrunched before, the clamp was hitting the rubber.

When I was doing the rear, I discovered a little problem...

There is a little metal tube inside of the rear trailing arm where the bearing goes, it is TOO SMALL for the trailing arm bolt. So I used a piece of all thread, it's fine..works great and it's the perfect size. Sure it's not AS strong, but I don't forsee any issues. No movement and it was actually tight even before I torqued it down.

I left the clamps off the rear until I get the ride height figured out!

post #24 of 46 Old 12-21-2013, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

The other day all my stuff from powder coat got done (this was the hold up!)

Did work today! No issues what-so-ever. Not gonna need the 2" wheel spacers

Still have a ton to do including adjusting the suspension but everything fit and it's off jack stands, which was the goal for today!

post #25 of 46 Old 12-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Gettin Muddy

Looks great. I like the black winch hook but once you hook it onto something won't the paint come right off?

post #26 of 46 Old 12-21-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Its powder coat. It will eventually chip off but I'm not too worried

Should be wrenching instead of using Tapatalk...

post #27 of 46 Old 12-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Gettin Muddy

If it ever chips off you could put that rubberized bed liner on it. That would hold up a little better than paint. Looks sick though. Wish I could afford to build something like that.

post #28 of 46 Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM

How much GC do you have with the lift and those tires? Also how much clearance between the tires and rear of the floorboards?

I am going to lift mine. I dunno if I want a 4" or 6" because I want to be able to crank my shocks back down a little for it to ride smoother but I still want to be able to clear 32's.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

2013 Outty 1K XTP
Current - 29.5 OL2 wides all around on HD3's, RDC rad relocate, fan controller, CVTech primary, snorkels by me, Offroad SS dual tube with Infinty speakers.

Future - STM secondary, 4" lift, exhaust, and tuner.

If I ever drown it - 1133 BBK

Last edited by thomaslord84; 12-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.
post #29 of 46 Old 12-23-2013, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
How much GC do you have with the lift and those tires? Also how much clearance between the tires and rear of the floorboards?

I am going to lift mine. I dunno if I want a 4" or 6" because I want to be able to crank my shocks back down a little for it to ride smoother but I still want to be able to clear 32's.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
Haven't adjusted my shocks yet so haven't measured. I will be working on it tomorrow though.

I had the 6" on my gade and I hated how the boots rubbed on the front. I turned it down to like a 4.5 or 5".

The 4" is perfect, I would go for it again without hesitation. 32's will fit even with a bracket lift and extended trailing arms!

post #30 of 46 Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Professional Mudder

Finished the bike a few weeks ago

I broke both rear shocks on the first ride! NO good, getting commander shocks

I have commander shocks on the way!