Renegade wet belt - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2015, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Renegade wet belt

Has anyone else had problems with renegades getting wet belts and then slipping when wet while they are being completely bone stock? My renegade is bone stock and has a stealth snorkel system. Went through some water but nothing crazy just a few inches and my belt got wet and started slipping. How could I fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Gettin Muddy

I would check the gasket around your belt box and be sure that all your fittings for the snorkel are glued properly. Also how high up is the intake and exhaust for the belt box? If its up by the handle bars and the water you went through was only a few inches then i would think your belt box gasket is the issue.

2015 XMR 800
Stock for now
(SOLD)2005 Brute 750
homemade snorkel,dynatek cdi,temp gauge,27in mega mayhams,2in highlifter lift kit,RDC rad kit , Fuse block delete, rear buss mod
Old 09-25-2015, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hursteric View Post
I would check the gasket around your belt box and be sure that all your fittings for the snorkel are glued properly. Also how high up is the intake and exhaust for the belt box? If its up by the handle bars and the water you went through was only a few inches then i would think your belt box gasket is the issue.
The snorkels are right in front of my handle bars under that plastic. the exhaust is high and they weren't close to being under water. The seal must be bad. Bought it brand new a few weeks ago so not too happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2015, 03:16 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to youngDUMP
Check your clamps for your intake/exhaust ports on the belt box. Make sure the couplings aren't torn. Pop the belt cover off and inspect your gasket, I always put a thin layer of triple guard marine grease on mine when reassembling. The only other way I know to find a belt leak is to fill the system with water and look for where it's leaking out. Note the leak, drain the system and address the leak. (I do NOT recommend this for air intake) Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk