Rejetting After 3" Snorkle Installation - Page 4 - MudInMyBlood Forums
View Poll Results: Did you have to rejet after installing 3" snorkle
Did Not have to rejet after installing 3" snorkle with no additional mods 10 34.48%
Had to jet down after installing 3" snorkle with no other mods 2 6.90%
Had to jet-up after installing 3" snorkle with no other mods 6 20.69%
Had to rejet after installing 3" snorkle, however additional mods were involved. 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 57 Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 PM

2005 with twin air filter, stock exhaust, moose module, snorkels are setup exactly as on this forum...

Rubber 90>sewer pipe>90*>45* and up.

I was getting to much air (resulting in hesitation) if I stabbed the throttle from a stop or light roll. Added a pvc drain gate and fixed the problem. Runs great now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 PM

Brute backfires when stuck

Good Afternoon,

I have been reading through the forums and trying to get some help with my 07 Bruteforce 750 with snorkels (3inch intake). I have been unable to locate the answer to my question.

Problem-

Quads running rich. Lots of carb all over brand new plugs after 1 use. So of course I will look at the at A/F screw but my next question baffles me. When stuck in the mud I get a really bad backfire ( sounds like a shotgun going off). This only happens when I'm stuck and need a lot of throttle. Any advice would be much appreciated..

Paul.
post #48 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk6181 View Post
Good Afternoon,

I have been reading through the forums and trying to get some help with my 07 Bruteforce 750 with snorkels (3inch intake). I have been unable to locate the answer to my question.

Problem-

Quads running rich. Lots of carb all over brand new plugs after 1 use. So of course I will look at the at A/F screw but my next question baffles me. When stuck in the mud I get a really bad backfire ( sounds like a shotgun going off). This only happens when I'm stuck and need a lot of throttle. Any advice would be much appreciated..

Paul.
Probably dumping so much fuel pinned it builds up and explodes in the pipe. If everything else is stock then the stock main jet size should be a good starting point. The A/Fs only control idle mix. All 750s with carbs came with #152s in front and #158s in the rear with #38 pilots. If yours has these, then I suggest you check/set your float level. DO check the valve lash first though.

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 PM

I need help with mine. It's an 07 750 and it does fine at low speeds but when you get up to 30 or so it hesitates and sputters and all sorts of stuff. But when I turn the snorkel kit around using ram air then it will get up to 40 until it starts to sputter. Some people say its because my stock exhaust was cut off at the end so there is just a huge hole in the end of it and it may not have e bought back pressure. Would getting the HMF pipe and HMF rejeting kit fix all this?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

And it's only a 2" snorkel
post #50 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteman88 View Post
I need help with mine. It's an 07 750 and it does fine at low speeds but when you get up to 30 or so it hesitates and sputters and all sorts of stuff. But when I turn the snorkel kit around using ram air then it will get up to 40 until it starts to sputter. Some people say its because my stock exhaust was cut off at the end so there is just a huge hole in the end of it and it may not have e bought back pressure. Would getting the HMF pipe and HMF rejeting kit fix all this?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

And it's only a 2" snorkel
Unfortunately these are designed to have a balance of intake restriction and exhaust back pressure. Can't just cut the pipe off and let it open-discharge without having issues like complete loss of savaging.

If it were me...I would at least get a slip-on..HMF if you like..then get rid of the 2" setup for a 3", then see about jetting if needed. If you keep the 2", plan on coming down 1 size or two on the mains and for sure get a good airfilter. Uni or Twinair are great filters.

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
post #51 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKawierider View Post
Unfortunately these are designed to have a balance of intake restriction and exhaust back pressure. Can't just cut the pipe off and let it open-discharge without having issues like complete loss of savaging.

If it were me...I would at least get a slip-on..HMF if you like..then get rid of the 2" setup for a 3", then see about jetting if needed. If you keep the 2", plan on coming down 1 size or two on the mains and for sure get a good airfilter. Uni or Twinair are great filters.
So your saying that its not getting enough air? And what do you mean complete loss of savaging?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

And I'm pretty sure it still has the stock air filter

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

But I didn't install the 2" setup so I have no idea how to change it all out with 3. Plus isn't this thread about problems with 3" setup? Just really confused. And what would no back pressure really do?
post #52 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Professional Mudder

Put a stock or aftermarket muffler back on it,then check to see if it needs jetting. 2" intake snorkles will rob power at mid to WOT,THATS WHY MOST INSTALL THE 3" INTAKE SNORKLE.More than likely the 2" intake and jetting is way off. Install a good muffler,pull the carbs and record the jets in each carb.then we can help more.

05 750,Stock Engine,Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Uni Air Filter,
14" Vision Bruiser wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR,
3" PVC Intake w/restriction - 2" ABS CVT, center snorkels,Carbs Keihin-#40 pilots 2 1/2 turns out A/F ,#158/#158 mains w/30 thous. washers under stock NFKL needles, 2012 front suspension,
Mr. Gasket 42s Fuel Pump Mod
10" Hayden s-type Electric Rad Fan Mod - mod fan mount
Aftermarket ebay radiator
post #53 of 57 Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman66 View Post
Put a stock or aftermarket muffler back on it,then check to see if it needs jetting. 2" intake snorkles will rob power at mid to WOT,THATS WHY MOST INSTALL THE 3" INTAKE SNORKLE.More than likely the 2" intake and jetting is way off. Install a good muffler,pull the carbs and record the jets in each carb.then we can help more.

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
post #54 of 57 Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 AM

I'm fairly mechanically inclined and was comfortable jetting if need but could you please explain where and what the valve lash is?

Much appreciated
post #55 of 57 Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Professional Mudder

There's videos on you tube on this topic of how to check/ adjust your valves - just do a search on this site on valve adjustment - it's been posted and lots of threads on this . Here's the link.....https://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/67...amokvf700.html

05 750,Stock Engine,Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Uni Air Filter,
14" Vision Bruiser wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR,
3" PVC Intake w/restriction - 2" ABS CVT, center snorkels,Carbs Keihin-#40 pilots 2 1/2 turns out A/F ,#158/#158 mains w/30 thous. washers under stock NFKL needles, 2012 front suspension,
Mr. Gasket 42s Fuel Pump Mod
10" Hayden s-type Electric Rad Fan Mod - mod fan mount
Aftermarket ebay radiator

Last edited by dman66; 07-10-2013 at 06:51 AM.
post #56 of 57 Old 08-03-2019, 07:33 AM

Bruteman88, are you in Atlanta? If so can you email me at [email protected]?
post #57 of 57 Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC65 View Post
Bruteman88, are you in Atlanta? If so can you email me at [email protected]?
The last time he even logged-in was 2013so don't hold your breath

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube