cant start brute force - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-01-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

cant start brute force

new to this forum. glad to be on it. i purchased a used 2007 brute force 650. it was 4 hours away so i really didnt check it out first hand. anyway when my friend brought it down he rode it for about 3 minutes then it turned off and we could never get it going again. i removed the air box cover to discover water in it. i removed the water but still no start. even with starting fluid. the gas smelled weird so i drain the tank and the carb. put fresh gas. still no start. i checked for spark with a circular gadget and it sparks when you first hit the button but then no more spark. does the same for both plugs. my next thing would be to remove and clean carb. just wanted anyone to chime in and see what they thought. thanks and sorry for long post but that is all ive done to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Professional Mudder

Send a message via AIM to 2010Bruterider
There's a roll over sensor under the seat, at the rear. It is makes "up" and must be secured properly. If it's flopping around loose under there, it will cause trouble. The rollover sensor will kill spark for sure. On FI bikes, it kills fuel too. If that's not it, I'd start with the carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 Brute 750. 29.5 OG s/w laws, VFJ stage 3, Kujo uppers, ASR lowers, rmax manual 4x4 (love it), full HMF exhaust w/snorkle, ODI Rogue grips, Viper 4500 winch, 55w HIDs, ASR tie rods, Gorilla axles, RDC 2" lift, MSD, MIMB 3" center snorkel and MIMB rad relocate.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Honored Member

Definitely check out that rollover sensor. I've had them come unplugged before and have a similar symptom.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

07 BRUTE FORCE 840i FST

3" MANDRAL BENT SNORKEL, BIG GUN FULL EXH, JETED 170 F 175 R, Dyna fully programmable cdi, Dyna coils, VFJ stage 3 spider mod Clutch, racked radiator, CUSTOM FULL SKID"S by me, CUSTOM REAR BUMPER by me, CUSTOM reinforced stock rims by me,

mrs. Fabman. 05 Brute Force 750 3000lbs winch 4' plow
JETED

Fabjr. Polaris Scrambler 400

Little Miss broke it. Apex 90 cc pro shark