2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-04-2018, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force

Hello all. I am working on this 2006 Kawasaki Brute Force carbureted machine. This thing will idle perfect but as soon as you open the throttle at all it just backfires through the carburetor. It acts as if it is running lean but if I apply the choke it will start to flood out. I have cleaned both carburetors, checked both boots for sealing checked the valve adjustment. I have pulled the gas line off when it is running and there is plenty of fuel.
Now I'm leaning to an ignition problem but to say the least I'm stumped. Any ideas? I'm going out to check the coils to see if they are in spec. Any help would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-06-2018, 02:39 PM

How’s your float level? If it’s too low it will run fine at idle then stumble when there’s no more fuel. FYI here is a good resource for understanding the carbs, this is not our model but it’s pretty close. https://gadgetsfixitpage.com/article...-40-carburetor

This guy had some helpful info too https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cufBK75uYdg

Last edited by mrvmax; 11-06-2018 at 02:48 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-06-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Sir, I will read on. I thought of changing the float level but then talked myself out of it as I don't think this machine has ever been apart so why would that change. Still seems odd to me but never say never. Maybe Wednesday evening I can try that. Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdegnan View Post
Thank you Sir, I will read on. I thought of changing the float level but then talked myself out of it as I don't think this machine has ever been apart so why would that change. Still seems odd to me but never say never. Maybe Wednesday evening I can try that. Thanks for the reply.
I just rebuilt mine but haven’t put my brute back together yet. The manual has a part on checking the float level on a bench and mine was close enough I didn’t change it. When I get mine together I’ll verify float level with clear tubing connected to the bowl drain. Honestly the last thing I want to do is pull it apart again but the clear tubing will verify float level.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-07-2018, 05:03 AM

Have you checked your timing?
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

No issues with the floats. Tried checking the timing with a timing light but with the amount of oil that sprays out Of the timing hole I can’t see the marks. It truly seems like once over idle it’s starts firing odd. Wish I had another Brute Force like it that I could swap igniters just to see if that’s it. They’re to pricey to just order and try.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Professional Mudder

You can check the timing somewhat by the checking the valve lash procedure just to see if everything lines up close. Other than that you would have to pull engine side covers off to check for sure.
You could have a in efficient fuel pump or clogged up jets, and theres so much more to check.

05 750,Stock Engine,Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Uni Air Filter,
14" Vision Bruiser wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR,
3" PVC Intake w/restriction - 2" ABS CVT, center snorkels,Carbs Keihin-#40 pilots 2 1/2 turns out A/F ,#158/#158 mains w/30 thous. washers under stock NFKL needles, 2012 front suspension,
Mr. Gasket 42s Fuel Pump Mod
10" Hayden s-type Electric Rad Fan Mod - mod fan mount
Aftermarket ebay radiator