Mud in My Blood Forum banner

2014 brute 750 runs for 3-5 seconds

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  eweil 
#1 ·
Hello guys new to site. I have a 14 brute 750 and it will fire up and run for a few seconds the shut off just like you hit the kill switch. It will not start again until i turn key off and then back on. I have checked the tip over switch and that is all good. Have also checked the ignition switch grey wire and have got 6 volts going to cdi so that should be good. Any other input or ideas that could help me? Thanks in advance!

#7 ·
Did you ever figure out what it was? I have a 08 brute that's doing the exact same thing, checked the tip over sensor, fuel pump, tried it with the regulator unplugged, checked the idle control valve and tps. No matter what I do it will idle for a second or two and then die as if its being killed, but if I hit the throttle right after it starts it will rev up but the second I let it idle down it dies as if its being shut off. Really weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.