2006 BF750 4x4 / 2x4 flashing - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

2006 BF750 4x4 / 2x4 flashing

Morning I have gone through all the sticky posts and have checked and double checked connectors and actuators and still no solution.

Everything was working fine when I took everything apart to change my damaged stock primary out with a cvtech primary clutch. The lights started flashing when I started the quad up with no primary or secondary clutch installed on the bike was not flashing when I started it up with the clutches in place and cover removed.

Put it all back together and still flashing.

Any suggestions on what I could have caused by firing it up with no clutches in place and how to reset ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191117_140113.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	19954  

2006 Brute Force 750
26" Mud Lites (On Shelf)
27" Maxxis Big Horns
ITP SS108 Machined
Muzzy Full Exhaust
Dyna CDi
Dyno Jet Kit
Maroon Primary / Almond Secondary
Warn 2500 Winch
Custom Front Aluminum A-Arm Guards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-03-2019, 09:16 AM

Clearly the actuator and belt switch are unplugged in the pic so starting it like that would have send an error code. That will have to be re-set. Follow the procedure to reset the belt error code. Next time if you are going to even turn the key on with the cover off, set it on the seat with everything still plugged in. The harness is long enough.

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
post #3 of 6 Old 12-03-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

NMKawirider

Thank you for the reply i did the belt reset procedure with the grey and black under the seat and i even went back after your post and tripped the switch to make the belt light flash and then did the procedure and reset the light fine but it still is flashing 2x4 / 4x4 and i went a bit further and pulled the 4x4 actuator from the front diff and plugged it in to the kebc actuator and it tested fine and the kebc actuator is cycling fine so both actuators are working.

It started flashing when i started it without the cover off and disconnected and both primary and secondary removed from the clutch assembly.

At a loss what to check next if you have any more ideas would be glad to give them a go.

thanks again

2006 Brute Force 750
26" Mud Lites (On Shelf)
27" Maxxis Big Horns
ITP SS108 Machined
Muzzy Full Exhaust
Dyna CDi
Dyno Jet Kit
Warn 2500 Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-03-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathangunn28 View Post
NMKawirider

Thank you for the reply i did the belt reset procedure with the grey and black under the seat and i even went back after your post and tripped the switch to make the belt light flash and then did the procedure and reset the light fine but it still is flashing 2x4 / 4x4 and i went a bit further and pulled the 4x4 actuator from the front diff and plugged it in to the kebc actuator and it tested fine and the kebc actuator is cycling fine so both actuators are working.

It started flashing when i started it without the cover off and disconnected and both primary and secondary removed from the clutch assembly.

At a loss what to check next if you have any more ideas would be glad to give them a go.

thanks again
With the 2/4wd light flashing one of the actuators has a problem or the system had a problem..ie a bad connection or the speed sensor has a problem.

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
post #5 of 6 Old 12-11-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Gettin Muddy

KEBC actuator bypass? Sorry on my phone so unable to search but have figured out the actuator somehow kicked the bucket and causing the flashing 2wd/4wd so with no need for the engine break now is there a way to bypass it but the bike thinks it's still there not causing the flashing lights?

The quad is in 4x4 mode and wont change into 2wd no matter what I have tried so just gonna try to bypass the brake actuator and then drive in 4x4 till it dies lol.

2006 Brute Force 750
26" Mud Lites (On Shelf)
27" Maxxis Big Horns
ITP SS108 Machined
Muzzy Full Exhaust
Dyna CDi
Dyno Jet Kit
Warn 2500 Winch
post #6 of 6 Old 01-07-2020, 06:11 PM
Gettin Muddy