Polaris Phoenix 200 - No Spark
A friend let his 2005 Phoenix run for a while and it died. He checked and found it has no spark now. He said at the time it had a burned electrical odor but I can't detect it myself. Any idea what it could be?
I found a service manual for it and tried to follow the testing instructions in it for the electrical system. The manual says to verify the presence of 12 VDC at the brown and green/yellow wires coming from the CDI. The instructions are not very clear but I gather I am supposed to test it with one lead grounded and the other touched to each of these wires. I get 4.90-4.91 VDC on both. I checked the VDC coming into the CDI and found 11.xxx VDC coming in (manual calls for a minimum of 10.5 VDC). Does this mean its the CDI?
I also disconnected these wires per the manual to check spark and it still had no spark, hopefully eliminating the concern it could be a rev limiter but alas, still no spark.
By the way, the manual references a pulse coil but I can't get a clear idea what it is unless it is the stator. Any help is appreciated. I am decent with testers if you have specific tests I need to do.