Cleaning out UNDER your plastics... - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-31-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning out UNDER your plastics...

We do a pretty good job of getting all the mud sprayed off every time we come out of the woods, and the top side always washes up pretty easily. But I've been seeing a lot of pictures on here of bikes that look showroom clean, even after a day in the mud. What are y'all using? I can get my plastics clean, but it's under the plastics that stays a mess. Any hits and tips?

Family quads;

Honda Rancher 4x4 TRX420
Honda ReconES 250
Suzuki Ozark 250
Linhai Bighorn 260
Honda TRX400EX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-31-2015, 08:35 PM

Many use a pressure washer but first in soap- mode that will spray this...or something like this.. all over and under...everything and let sit a while, then pressure-wash off being carefull of seal areas and electronics.

X-Tream Clean MX and ATV Wash XTC01-1 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at PowerSports Place

Then when dry an little rub-down with some SC-1 will make it look better then new.

SC1 - Maxima Racing Oils

06 BF 750 (Silver) SOLD
15 Z Force 800 EPS

My Videos on You Tube
post #3 of 6 Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Gettin Muddy

When i do mine i spend about an hour or so spraying the whole bike down to get any loose mud and dirt off then i wash it with turtle wax car wash and once its dried i spray everything down with tire foam. Let it dry off (out of the sun) then take a clean towel and wipe off all the extra residue from the tire foam. I will also sometime spray my diffs and the sides of my motor down with some aluminum wheel cleaner and with a hand brush scrub it down. They shine up pretty good.

2015 XMR 800
Stock for now
(SOLD)2005 Brute 750
homemade snorkel,dynatek cdi,temp gauge,27in mega mayhams,2in highlifter lift kit,RDC rad kit , Fuse block delete, rear buss mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2016, 09:23 AM

I spray as much of the crud off as I can. Then using some dollar store cleaner in a spray bottle I spray all over the place and let it sit for a bit then wash again. I haVE A COLD WATER PRESSURE WASHER AT HOME. When we come back from a really muddy rally or a camping trip I stop at a car wash and use the hot soapy water to wash the bikes on the trailer. Usually spend about $10, but saves me a lot of time. TIP: Wear a rain suit.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 PM

i think any brand of soap, whether from a dollar store or branded would do the trick. wash then wipe. the pressure washer is a great help especially when you're trying to remove dirt and mud off.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-04-2016, 01:25 PM

I use the car wash after the ride and then when i get home i wash the whole bike with tire cleaner. Then i spray tire foam and wipe down the residue. The only problem i've ran into with the car wash and pressure washer is it sometimes gets in my belt box, but I've put a new seal on it and plan on putting silicon around it.

2014 Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI
Polaris Front Bumper/Rear Bumper
Polaris Front Rack Extender
Polaris Black Sixr Rims 14"
Maxxis Bighorns 26xX9X14 & 26X11X14
Viper Max Midnight Series #3500 winch/synthetic rope
7.5" Light bar mounted in brush guard