Would anyone here be interested in GPS tracking for their ride?
I've hooked up with a company that produces waterproof units that are pretty full featured, I've had several boat customers over the years asking about this type of setup and it looks like just what the doctor ordered!
The company that produces them is Moto Trac and the product is called the Guard Dog.
They make them for Boats, Bikes, Autos & Fleets
• Discounted annual or monthly airtime plans for
unlimited use of web and phone applications. - $149 / year for all except the fleet version
• Unlimited dynamic reporting up to every 3 seconds.
• Waterproof case protects components. (Moto/Marine version only)
• Virtual fence defines the area where the vehicle can operate. (meaning it could be set to allow your family, kids to ride on your property without setting off an alert)
• Tracking and security alerts sent to handheld devices
and computers. (free cell phone apps / computer software iPhone, Droid & Blackberry)
• Robust reports to plan maintenance and repairs.
• Real time tracking and reporting gives users immediate information.
• Smart Tracking monitoring reduces data transfer charges.
• Movement and accident alerts.
• Reports side-by-side angle.
• Breadcrumbing shows six months of historical data with
all of the points where a vehicle has traveled. (could be useful to see wherever you've ridden!)
• Engine immobilizer option disables an engine when the vehicle
is stopped or moving under 10 miles per hour.
• Address, engine idling, engine on/off at all locations.
• Speeding notification alerts are sent when the speed limit is exceeded.
• Energy efficient sleep mode preserves battery life.
• Ignition status notification when vehicle is started
• Integrated back-up battery recharges the battery.
• Battery monitoring low voltage/low amperage alert.
• No contracts or penalties for early airtime termination.
• Online activation for effortless set up.
• GPS jamming alerts with cell tower triangulation.
• $1 million product liability insurance. (usually this means that *IF* their product burns up your boat/car/bike etc they're liable for up to 1 million dollars in damages, it does not mean they'll replace your ride if stolen!)
• Two-year no-questions asked guarantee. - That says a lot about a company, if you'll back it no questions asked for two years then you're doing something right!
The GPS unit can also be used to locate the position of a missing or stolen vehicle. Provided it isn't taken out immediately. If hidden well on your ride the would be thief wouldn't know it was there until too late!
I don't have one of these units on hand yet but I should soon, if you would like to read more about them check out: Guard Dog GPS Tracking & Security - Start
If anyone would be interested in giving one of these a try please let me know, it appears MSRP is about $219 right from the manufacturer I'm sure I can do beat that price just depends on their terms!