Brute Force Skid Plates - Page 3 - MudInMyBlood Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Just an idea for the peeps out there that like making stuff themselves. On my Z400 I used 1" one hole straps like you use on conduit to hook over the frame and countersunk the holes on the ground side of the skidplate. Its made out of UHMW plastic. Its a 2 wheel drive and I rode trails with a bunch of 4 wheel drive quads so you can imagine the abuse it has taken. The skid has been on there for about 6 years and have never had any problems with it coming loose or hanging up. I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.

2008 Brute Force 750
28" Swamp Lites on 14" SS112's, EPI Maroon primary spring,
Highlifter Lift, Maire Fender flares, Heated grips, 2500# Superwinch,
Front A-arm bushing mod, KEBC fork removed,
Fuel tank skid mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Professional Mudder

Send a message via AIM to 2010Bruterider
We like pictures. What are your skids made of 4xfool? I've been thinking about upgrading my skids. I just cant decide on what material to get.

2010 Brute 750. 29.5 OG s/w laws, VFJ stage 3, Kujo uppers, ASR lowers, rmax manual 4x4 (love it), full HMF exhaust w/snorkle, ODI Rogue grips, Viper 4500 winch, 55w HIDs, ASR tie rods, Gorilla axles, RDC 2" lift, MSD, MIMB 3" center snorkel and MIMB rad relocate.
post #33 of 38 Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Gettin Muddy

skid plates

teflon sheets 1/4 thick work great for making skid plates you can counter sink the bolts in the material and the stuff lasts forever and is very quiet unlike aluminum and is easy to work with .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Experienced Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact Fab View Post
Honestly I have not had my hair above water for 2 weeks. We have had multiple orders. I have them layed out in cad, I have not had time to get the router profile set up yet. I want this as bad as you guys and I will get there, just seems like every time I get a chance another order is in. We are in the process of looking for a bigger shop. Time to get some help hired. Sorry guys it's not moving faster.
Did this ever become a production product? Tried looking at the impact fab store but it said it was closed for maintenance.

2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i
29.5" outlaws all wide on ITP wheels
HMF Swamp Series with custom full exhaust front pipe
RDC 2" lift & moose power module
custom 2" snorkels
Buss connector Mod
VFJ Stage 3 clutch, VFJ #1/#2 springs
ASR tie rods, Rhino axles in the rear
post #35 of 38 Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Trail Rider

Figured I'd check in here..I'm the guy who makes the Brute Force and Prarie 1/4" HDPE skids (by hand) TONS of customers out there...going over 3 years now...mostly ebay and Kawierider guys and a few that bought from MIMB. Check out the thread below and let me know if you're interested. They're similiar to others out there (canadian company makes hdpe skids front to rear but nothing else that I'm aware of) I'm at about 1/2 his price but the skid design is better IMO. My service is better/faster also from what I hear. As far as recessing the bolts, it would be pretty easy to do but I haven't done it yet for "production" skids.
Shoot me a PM if interested..or check this thread out...Thanks!

HDPE Skid Plates - ROCK MY SOCKS!! - Kawasaki ATV Forum

2008 BF750, VDI, Full Big Gun, VFJ Stage 3 w/o bearing & useless KEBC, Elkas, MIMB Snorks, 26" XTR's on Type 7's, Acewell tach/temp gauge, Viper winch, HDPE full skids & A-arm and floorboard guards(new skids/guards r 4 sale...pm me)

Last edited by Chuck750; 05-16-2012 at 12:33 PM.
post #36 of 38 Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Sorry for any delays on here the store is closed down for Maintenance and also price updating, also to add to it we are in the process of having our new shop built we out grew the small work space fairly quick and was time to get into more space, so with that said the new shop is being built and we should be up and running in no time.

2008 Can-Am Outty 800|29.5 outlaws|Snorkeled|Looney Tuned Exhaust(Custom Yellow)|Twin-Air Air Filter|Impact Custom Fabs Rad Relocate Kit w/Custom LED lighting|Engine Ice|Hayden Fan Mod|35W Eagle Eye HIDs|Stinger SP680 Battery|DynoJet|PowerCommander PC-V|Custom Aluminium/fiberglass Speaker Box w/4 Rockford Fosgate 8" Marine Speakers|IXU24 Iridium Spark Plugs|Custom Cooler LED Lights
post #37 of 38 Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 AM

Were these ever put into production? I tried to check the website, but it is down for maintainence..
post #38 of 38 Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 AM

Im thinking the best of both worlds...use aluminum with HDPE on top. The aluminum would do the fastening and the HDPE could be attatched to aluminum so they are replacible sacrifical pieces. It would be a lilttle thicker but I doubt you would notice...

Glenn

Gun Control Is Never Having to say "I missed you"