Mud in My Blood Forum banner

241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
After reading everyones posts I see that every on is putting the snorkels in the black schrawd(Not sure if spelled right) that is in front of the steering wheel. Is this simply so that you dont take space away from your front racks? I am goin to snorkel mine this week and just curous before i make the holes in my plastic. I planned on making it in the front plascics and making a plate for the front that i will screw down on the rack to make the pipes sturdy and not wobble around.

·
Registered
752 Posts
After reading everyones posts I see that every on is putting the snorkels in the black schrawd(Not sure if spelled right) that is in front of the steering wheel. Is this simply so that you dont take space away from your front racks? I am goin to snorkel mine this week and just curous before i make the holes in my plastic. I planned on making it in the front plascics and making a plate for the front that i will screw down on the rack to make the pipes sturdy and not wobble around.
I think it's more personal preference. An if you ever took snorkels off you can replace the shroud and get rid of the holes.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
That's one reason, the other is, b/c if you run them to the sides, you run a VERY good chance of dunking the snorkels when you lean over in a hole... Ask Stogi why his are in the center now.... :(

Also, that center piece, is only $18 if you ever need to put it back to stock, or replace it if it breaks. A lot better than having holes in your fender.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Not to mention it just looks so dam good :D

KAWI RULES

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's one reason, the other is, b/c if you run them to the sides, you run a VERY good chance of dunking the snorkels when you lean over in a hole... Ask Stogi why his are in the center now.... :(

Also, that center piece, is only $18 if you ever need to put it back to stock, or replace it if it breaks. A lot better than having holes in your fender.
I think he was talking about center snorkels just farther up in the front fenders.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
if u want to ever rack ur rad then there back far enough to not be in the way

·
Registered
10 Posts
M.I.M.B Snorks

doing a little research on the mimb(center) snork job before i do it to my brute. I have 2 questions. Is there any way to double seal where the couplings connect to the pvc say with some type of rubber covering with another gasket or would that just be overkill. And 2 is there any way to secure the snorks so they're not moving around on the trails and vibrate loose some how?

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
1 no need to
2 yes, large zip ties.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i figured that it would be overkill but just thought I would ask. one more thing what "lines" need to be re-ran and what would be the best way to run them up as high as the snorks? zip ties also? ha

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
yeah. All your vent lines. Gas tank vent, carb vents, diff vents, and really should do the crank case vent too. there should be a few thread floating somewhere about the crank case vent.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well im finally going to do snorkes on my brute since im gonna have it torn down for maintenance and other stuff since its cold out. Have there been any changes to how people are doing their snorkes for 05's? I think im gonna do the 3" engine intake and the cvt ex/in at 2". Anyone else doing this? Im gonna do the KFX coupler since I get a discount :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
New to owning a Bruteforce and the forums. First order of business is to snorkel it. I have 2007 Bruteforce 750. What size pipe will work the best and will I need to worry about re-jetting? I have no knowledge of carb work and any advice would be much appreciated.

What a wealth of info this site has!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
^2" is what most people use because it fits easily. Jetting is one of those 50/50 deals....you may not have to touch it, then again you might. Each brute runs a little different so its just luck of the draw. Id just go ahead and be prepared for a rejet anyways.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the info. It seems people with 3" intakes and 2" on the others are having the most luck without jetting? Are there instructions how to re-jet here for someone with no clue?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone again for posting all this info. It's been a great help so far. Just picked up my brute a couple weeks ago and I've learned a ton already. Great job on the site!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Question I have a bunch of 1.5" pipe and fittings. Can I use 1.5 for the cvt snorkel and 2" for the air box?

if it weren't for the laws of physics we would all be unstoppable.

go deep or go home.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
No. Too much heat generated. Needs 2" to breath & stay cool.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
241 - 260 of 293 Posts