Mud in My Blood Forum banner

261 - 280 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone here encounter trouble with the street 90 coming off the cvt belt i haven't glued it completely but When test fitting the side panel it seems to stick out way to much is that how it's suppose to turn out or what am I missing? Did y'all just force the side panels on ?by the way I'm actually doing the 3" air box and 2" belt and exhaust man has this job been a pain in the butt

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Had the same issue myself. When I originally snorkeled the bike I used the 90 and when I put the side plastic on I couldn't put the top screw by the battery back in. Last time I had the bike apart to do the top end and pistons I re did it with the kfx boot.

It's already bent into a 90 and fit perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had the same issue myself. When I originally snorkeled the bike I used the 90 and when I put the side plastic on I couldn't put the top screw by the battery back in. Last time I had the bike apart to do the top end and pistons I re did it with the kfx boot.

It's already bent into a 90 and fit perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something more productive.
I'm guessing you were able to screw the panel back on everything but not the screw by the battery correct ?? Was it real bulky and ugly looking ??

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No I got the battery bolted back in. The panel screw at the top right of the battery I had to leave out. I'll try and dig up some pictures

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I tried going back through my previous posts for you but I can only go back 500 posts lol it was way before that.

I'll have to look on the computer when I get home tonight

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I did mine with the street 90 the first time, and like you, it stuck out too far. But I cut it back apart and redid it until the side panel would clear. It's tight, but it can be done.
The last time I redid my snorkels I changed to the kfx boot. Like Dave said, it's already hot the 90 made on it.
Keep at it man. I know it's frustrating. If it's easy, it's usually no fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did mine with the street 90 the first time, and like you, it stuck out too far. But I cut it back apart and redid it until the side panel would clear. It's tight, but it can be done.
The last time I redid my snorkels I changed to the kfx boot. Like Dave said, it's already hot the 90 made on it.
Keep at it man. I know it's frustrating. If it's easy, it's usually no fun.
Yea I got home last night and re routed the belt snorkel and I got it you have to force that street 90 in that rubber coupling all the way in. Well snorkels are ran now just have to cut the shroud I know there's a template I can trace for the 2" but has anybody tried it with a 3"?? I hope that ain't that bad of a job to do. Man this job was not fun and easy but it can be done. Patience, patience ..... And that's one thing I sometimes run out of

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi guys! i have a 05 apart in my garage right now. the clutch is done and i am now working on the airbox snorkel but i am having issues with the 3" rubber 90 off the airbox. the 3" rubber 90 that i bought is too big for the 2" pipe. i know i have to cut the larger 3" end off and use the middle of it but it seems that he middle is too big as well. is this normal? i have been to lowes and home depot and there both the same.

·
Registered
95 Posts
hi guys! i have a 05 apart in my garage right now. the clutch is done and i am now working on the airbox snorkel but i am having issues with the 3" rubber 90 off the airbox. the 3" rubber 90 that i bought is too big for the 2" pipe. i know i have to cut the larger 3" end off and use the middle of it but it seems that he middle is too big as well. is this normal? i have been to lowes and home depot and there both the same.
Yes that is normal. Just stick the 2 inch 90 as far as you can in the rubber elbow.i believe I used a 2in street 90 and just clamp it down and silicone it real good. I had problems with mine leaking a little were the rubber elbow goes on the air box. Make sure you silicone it up good as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok thank you!

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #271

·
Registered
6 Posts
Already got the snorkels done on my friends 08 650i.. We just have to do vent/drain lines. Can someone take a pic of what exactly needs to be done? Cause I've seen like 7 different nipples on the underside of the carbs

·
Registered
9 Posts

What is the small drain tube for on the right side of the picture. Snorkled my bike, but don't know what to do with this hose it doesn't have a check valve or anything. Just want to make sure water doesn't get into my carbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Should be the drain tube.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it need a check valve. It leads into the compartment connecting the carbs together along with the throttle linkages

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Does it need a check valve. It leads into the compartment connecting the carbs together along with the throttle linkages

They use to have them. Not sure why it doesn't.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
There is the potential for it to need to be adjusted though, and you'll have to do that via a programmer.

261 - 280 of 293 Posts