Mud in My Blood Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ill see how it runs out right now im replacing my fuel pump im having problems with it being hard to start and turning off when i let off the gas to break so hoping this will solve it then relocating and snorkeling it cant wait

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've gone through this thread and read that many are doing the 3" intake. My most recent machine is a 2008 750i, so I can do the 2" without any other changes. However I thought i'd give the 3" a go, So my question is to the guys that have done it. How does your 3" coupling seal on the airbox? I couldn't get a plumbing 3" 90, so got a 3" coolant pipe 90 instead. There is a huge gap all the way around the airbox intake!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't get the 3'' to seal to the point i was comfortable. I ended up getting a 2 1/2" 90 from the local auto store, i had to trim the ends but it went on without a fight and is snug. Its an 08 so has the FI, yes bigger is sometimes better but sometimes you use what you were given!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You have to trim off one of the 3" 90 degree coupling ends to fit it on the air box. You will cut a little off at a time until you get the rubber 90 to fit properly and to where the snorkel pipes line up good.You will cut enough rubber off the 3" 90 until you end up with roughly a 22 degree fitting. Then use a heat gun or hair drier to heat up the cut end to get it to fit over the air box opening, then hose clamp it in place.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
I'm not sure what happened to all of it... with the whole photobucket crap and then the forum moving servers and changing hands.... there's no telling where all the pictures went to... I may still have it in word document form somewhere on an external back up drive... I guess I need to see if I can dig it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the link to the instructions or parts list is broken? Every link brings me to the home page. Just got an 05 650 and want to do this

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I think the link to the instructions or parts list is broken? Every link brings me to the home page. Just got an 05 650 and want to do this
Yeah after the whole photo bucket debacle and the forum being updated a lot of that has been lost. I still have the original write up somewhere in a word document. I'll look for it and see if I can upload it to dropbox or something and post the link.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #290

I can't find the write up but I did find the photos.... hopefully you'll be able to save those to your PC. You should at least be able to view them.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Yep that's great thank you. Do you remember the size or the rubber reducer on the cvt?
3" Down to 2"???? I think. May have been 4 down to 2... But I think it was 3-2

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used the CVT exit boot from KFV 700. fits over the OD of a 2" ABS pipe coupler.

281 - 293 of 293 Posts