Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 750 brute force thats having no spark problem on both cylinders just to start this out i bought it torn up the side case was open and the stator and flywheel was exposed to rain and had alittle rust on it so i cleaned everything back to pretty decent, i know the idiot that had it personally and know it had spark before i got it and replaced all the timing chains i made sure that the key way on the crank was good and put the flywheel back in place its spinning like it should, i have also checked voltage to the coils they both have 7 to 8 volts its had the buss connector fix on front and back already i have tried a different cdi box still nothing im stumped i build engines for a living but not small engines and this is killing me

·
7,444 Posts
just a quick up date the pulsor coil is showing 0.004 is that bad or good?
I think that's too low but take the manual and look it up. Oh..you don't have one? Here. Also, 7-8 volts on the coils is too low. Under 11 they won't charge. Should be the same as the battery-12.5-13.2. Pull the fuse box and pull all the connectors underneath.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really appreciate the manual link ive looked almost every where with no luck for finding it im going out to work on it now i went by the stealership and got a keyway cause mine looked pretty sheared i should have changed it why i was in in there but im stupid and like to gamble but ill pull the connector and what look for bad connections or corrosion?

·
7,444 Posts
That rotor's retainer must be torqued to what the book says....like 90ftlbs. Otherwise it will shear and if it breaks the crank-side keyway..like some have..it's a new crankshaft.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got everything together and right but no spark coils are showing 7.5 to 7.8 when starter is hit jumping around 5.0 its crazy could the pulsar coil be a problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure haven't tried it yet, but i am getting spark when i first hit the starter button. While it is turning over I no longer have a spark, but when i let off the starter button I get a spark. It is not constant, is it supposed to be constant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i pulled the cdi off cleaned the plugs cleaned the connectors on the fuse box added dielectric grease and it fired right up haha smokes alitte so i guess ill be doing a set of 840 rings and valve job here soon Thanks for the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts