Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 brute 750 with approximately 240 hours on it. I went riding in the mountains a couple of weeks ago and about halfway through the ground cable came loose. I immediately pulled over and fixed it and continued to ride. Somewhere about that time and I'm unsure if its related, my 4x4 quit working. I have no flashing lights, it just won't switch into 4x4. I've already tested the actuator, the front differential, replaced the controller, and cleaned the switch. I replaced (30 amp fuse was melted but not blown) all fuses and repaired the Buss connector. I'm totally stumped and don't know what else to do. My engine brake works and the speedometer works. Is it possible for the speedometer to work but speed sensor for 4x4 to not work? I need help and things to try next. Please. I'm desperate haha.

·
7,388 Posts
With the key on, test the power at the 2/4wd switch. It should be about 4.7 volts. If it isn't, the CDI may have been damaged when the ground was lost...assuming there is no other corroded connectors. The overheating of the main indicates a bad connection. Where there is one, there is usually more. And it could be one of the pin connectors in the CDI or Actuator plugs got spread. And you are very sure the rear buss connector was repaired correctly.. right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the key on, test the power at the 2/4wd switch. It should be about 4.7 volts. If it isn't, the CDI may have been damaged when the ground was lost...assuming there is no other corroded connectors. The overheating of the main indicates a bad connection. Where there is one, there is usually more. And it could be one of the pin connectors in the CDI or Actuator plugs got spread. And you are very sure the rear buss connector was repaired correctly.. right?
I repaired the rear Buss connector myself and I'd say it's right. I replaced the cdi with another one off a brute 650 and still no change. I'm gonna try cleaning the connectors at the actuator and see what happens. With both CDI boxes I seem to only be getting 1.2 volts at the switch.

·
7,388 Posts
I repaired the rear Buss connector myself and I'd say it's right. I replaced the cdi with another one off a brute 650 and still no change. I'm gonna try cleaning the connectors at the actuator and see what happens. With both CDI boxes I seem to only be getting 1.2 volts at the switch.
1.2 volts says there is something with the harness somewhere. The manual will show the schematic, trace the..green or brown (I forget which) wire back to the actuator controller. Did anyone ever put more grease in the CDI's or controller's connectors? Hope not. Issues like pin receiver spreading happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts