Mud in My Blood Forum banner

05 brute force 750

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  NMKawierider 
#1 ·
Curious question to all brute force 750 riders, I recently picked one up ran fine, but for a 750cc vtwin it seemed low on power/torque so I decided to do all new cylinders and pistons, got her together and it made little to zero difference, I see videos of other owners, giving theirs very little throttle and the front end jumps up, I don’t think I could even force mine to do a wheelie. ANY ADVICE OR INSITE!?

#2 ·
What tests did you do? What's the compression? How are the valves and valve timing..lash settings? Did you do a leak-down test to see where any leakage was? How about fuel pressure and volume tests? Any Brute running correctly will try to pull it's bars out of your hands. If not..something is wrong. Just a matter of finding it.

#4 ·
I hear people saying that once valves are adjusted properly that it’ll make it 100% better, although I don’t think they need adjustment, it’s like it’s running on one cylinder, but I’ve checked most definitely running on both, same compression same everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.