Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I know what yall are thinking another brute force 750 no start thread haha but I have probably read every related forum on here and tried as much as possible. so now time to ask so story on the quad. I bought it a few weeks ago from a buddys dad only had 325hr and 997miles and bone stock when I got it, it spent most of its life sitting had a small sputter when taking off hard but then would get down once it done its hiccup and Pop. guy told me he thought it was bad gass or dirty carbs because he really only drove it during hunting season. I thought no biggie so I cleaned the carbs and put new plugs and a moose air filter, Well tht fixed nothing I then put a snorkel kit on it 3in on intake I figured it was maybe a little rich since it was back firing through exhaust and drinking the hell out of gas figured snorkel might would help but did not. So a few days later we had planned a trip to Durham Town while down there I drove it off into a mud hole that was a little too deep and the seal on my air box was broke an I didn't realize it until it was too late. So it sputter to a stop I drug it out and pulled the air box open and it had about a inch of mud in it, it never hydro locked I pulled plugs turned it over it pushed a little mist out well it wouldn't start back so I figured the carbs were stopped up so towed it back and took it home. Once home I stripped carbs back down labeled everything as it came out and yes the carbs were bad there wasn't a jet that wasn't stopped up I sprayed the cylenders down with carb cleaner and blew them out. Put it all back together and nothing will not even attempt to start up just turns and turns. its fireing like it should good battery and even tried pouring gas straight in the carbs still nothing at all so I done a compression test and only got 25psi. Then done a leak down test and got 92% leak down I put 100psi in and only got 8 to 10 psi sustained pressure. Made absolutely no sense to me almost nothing coming out of the oil port and tons of air coming out of all of the valves what is yalls guess as to what could have caused this I am lost because it was never weak just the day before I raced my cousin on his brand new bought 3 days prior 2021 kingquad 750 and he would get me off the line because of my sputter but as soon as it cleared out I would pull back up on him hard enough to slow down beside him laugh then lay back in on it and roll out. So giving that and the low miles and hrs it dont make sense for it to have already been wore out. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated sorry for the long post just wanted to get all the info in that I could thanks in advance.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Did you over rev the engine racing?
If leaking out all valves then they may be bent or somehow a timing issue?check your valve clearance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts