Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we have a 2009 750 efi brute with a 2005 engine rebuilt with the 840 big bore kit... have it all in and got no fire...question is do we need to change the flywheel, stator, and pulse coils, going to anyways but just wanted another opinion ....and yes keeping it fuel injected ...thanks

·
7,348 Posts
I'm actually having the same problem changed fly wheel stator and the crank sensor and still no fire is there anything I'm missing or could I have done something wrong while doing the fly wheel im lost
Test the pulse coil. Also did you torque the rotor/flywheel to the correct specs? If not they will shear the key and/or be out of alignment for the coil. The connectors are sometimes a problem....and sometimes people have found the kill switch turned off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took it back apart the key was fine but I was able to work the fly wheel off by hand i thought it was weird that I didnt need the puller this time and no I didnt torque it just ran it down with my impact and tried it so maybe that's the problem?

·
7,348 Posts
I took it back apart the key was fine but I was able to work the fly wheel off by hand i thought it was weird that I didnt need the puller this time and no I didnt torque it just ran it down with my impact and tried it so maybe that's the problem?
Look it up in the manual...it's like 90..something footlbs as I recall. It must be torqued...but not sure if that is what's stopping it from getting spark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I will and it's just kinda weird I put another cover on with a new stator and crank sensor and still have nothing and I checked the power on the 2 plug sensor and I'm not getting anything from the crank sensor with either cover

·
Registered
05 Honda Foreman 500, 05 Kawasaki Brute Force 840
2 Posts
what size jets were you running when this engine was in the 05? what exhaust were you running at the time and what altitude are you at? trying to figure out a jetting problem im having.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts