Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my handlebars and now I can not hear any of my actuators when I turn key to on and I can not switch between 4wd and 2wd. No blinking lights on display. I did buss fix on buss over gas tank, it had a little corrosion on the white wires. This did not correct the problem. I opened the front buss under handle bars and it is clean bur I notice a diagonal split in the connector tab and I don't know if this is a break or it was done by design. My impression is it is designed that way.
What wires should be connected together on front buss under handle bars? Should there be a break in the connector. See photos Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,561 Posts
Wow man..you have one of the first 2006's. Mine was built in November 2005 and it had no buss connectors. Only very early ones had the left-over 2005 wiring harnesses and most of those only had the rear buss not the front. It was eliminated...I thought near mid 2005. Amazing. Are you sure it's a 2006? Any way the split is factory. All the leads the bridge or jumpers have within them are together. There are three sections as you see...although I don't see any problem with corrosion. Check your other connections...and connectors for issues.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
What did you replace? Just the bars or a full bar and harness set from another machine?

There has been once or twice I have run into pinout differences between my main and spare harness when I've needed to change a connector or extension. So far matching wire colors has worked for me when verifying.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you replace? Just the bars or a full bar and harness set from another machine?

There has been once or twice I have run into pinout differences between my main and spare harness when I've needed to change a connector or extension. So far matching wire colors has worked for me when verifying.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
just bar and a new 4wd/2wd switch rubber seal on old one torn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow man..you have one of the first 2006's. Mine was built in November 2005 and it had no buss connectors. Only very early ones had the left-over 2005 wiring harnesses and most of those only had the rear buss not the front. It was eliminated...I thought near mid 2005. Amazing. Are you sure it's a 2006? Any way the split is factory. All the leads the bridge or jumpers have within them are together. There are three sections as you see...although I don't see any problem with corrosion. Check your other connections...and connectors for issues.
It is 2006, has been good until now. I rebuilt carbs everything good then replace bent handlebar and new grips. I have checked connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts