Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what possibly could cause a knocking noise under the clutch cover and out of the snorkel for the clutch? Its more apparent when in neutral.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its normal wear on the clutch thats all. These Brutes are bad for clutch noise but nothing to worry about...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Mine is pretty clanky and its an 08

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no joke, im glad to hear that cause i broke every d*mn toy i own this weekend, I figured that was no different.Im pretty sure i broke something in the front end of the 4 wheeler even if the clutch is fine i need tie rods at the min.

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I may actually have a problem in there, I can feel something hitting the inside of the clutch cover now.Maybe the belt is loose?

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah ur lossing a belt my brute was making a knocking noise and u could feel it dont wait till it goes in limp mode change the belt now

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what all is involved in changing that belt?

·
Registered
226 Posts
nothing all u need is a clutch puller tourqe wrench that works in reverse and a wrench with a extension with a 10mm socket shouldnt take ya 5-10 minutes

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome, thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
brutes have so much power and torque they tear u some belts heres a note dont buy a carlisle belt only lasted 20 miles waste of my money

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 07 650i brute force. Got stuck I'n the mud. Went to put it in 4x4 mode. All of a sudden it started making a clanking/knocking noise. It too was echoing out of the snorkel. I to my belt casing off. It was perfectly clean inside. No dirt, mud, or water. I'm not very mechanically inclined but what the belt seem to be in perfect shape. No tears or Knicks. The clutch wheel was pulling in and pushing out just fine. Idk what to do from here. A suggestions?

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
if the noise started when you went to 4wd ,i would start looking at the front end ,pinion bearing loose , bad cv joint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts