Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one new to kawai's and mimb. I just bought a 06 brute with 400 miles when I hammer it from idel it will spit and sputter and back fire a little until it winds up some. It also does the same thing at wide open going down the road. I have ran a tank of gas through it last weekend, thinking it could be bad gas , still does it . I'm guessing clean the carbs what yall think? and is there any thing else I should do right away? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Have you checked the plugs for fouling?

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
Is it completly stock except for the tires?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put new plugs in old ones looked good,changed oil and put a new stock belt on .All this just for good measure the day after I bought it. Yes it appears to be 100% stock, tires are not mounted yet still on stock rubbers.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing at low speed crusing it will pop back through the air box when running 10-12 mph down a trail .

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
Sounds to me like the jetting is off. But the jetting should never have been changed unless it had snorkels, or an aftermarket exhaust on it.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The previous owner said stock you know how that can be, the stock tires are about 50% tread and it only has 400 miles on it so I am inclined to beleave him. I plann on doin you snorkel on it ,should I just go ahead do it and see how it runs then?

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
I dunno. I think I'd get to the root of the problem first, if it is indeed a jetting problem then yeah snork it then fix it. It might just have dirty needles....

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Sounds like a/f ratio is off(mine was doing the same thing) i fought mine for weeks before i got it right

·
Registered
226 Posts
mine was doing the same thing check the choke plungers the might be sticking spray with some carb cleaner and prolly some wd-40 should work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts