Mud in My Blood Forum banner

06 brute stutter

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Bad Brute 
#1 ·
Hi every one new to kawai's and mimb. I just bought a 06 brute with 400 miles when I hammer it from idel it will spit and sputter and back fire a little until it winds up some. It also does the same thing at wide open going down the road. I have ran a tank of gas through it last weekend, thinking it could be bad gas , still does it . I'm guessing clean the carbs what yall think? and is there any thing else I should do right away? Thanks in advance!!!

#2 ·
Have you checked the plugs for fouling?

#6 ·
Sounds to me like the jetting is off. But the jetting should never have been changed unless it had snorkels, or an aftermarket exhaust on it.

#7 ·
The previous owner said stock you know how that can be, the stock tires are about 50% tread and it only has 400 miles on it so I am inclined to beleave him. I plann on doin you snorkel on it ,should I just go ahead do it and see how it runs then?

#8 ·
I dunno. I think I'd get to the root of the problem first, if it is indeed a jetting problem then yeah snork it then fix it. It might just have dirty needles....

#11 ·
mine was doing the same thing check the choke plungers the might be sticking spray with some carb cleaner and prolly some wd-40 should work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.