Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks,

I'm new to the site and have done some reading about the Highlifter aftermarket radiator. I spent a decent amount of time searching the internet and the Highlifter website to find the above mentioned product but i cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone on here have a specific website or link i could go to in order to find this radiator?? The highlifter website is only showing the rad-relocate brackets and rad fans...

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
It was their product, if you don't see it on their site anymore, I would assume they aren't producing it. I don't know anyone else who sold it other than them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was their product, if you don't see it on their site anymore, I would assume they aren't producing it. I don't know anyone else who sold it other than them.
that makes sense. Is there a recommended brand of radiator that would make a good alternative??

·
Registered
23 Posts
First off, are you sure your cooling system is functioning properly?

When was the last time the coolant was changed? System flushed? Rad removed for a thorough cleaning and inspection of the core exterior? Does the fan work?

Have you done any power mods without correcting the fuel? A lean motor will run hot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the reply and the knowledge :) I just recently purchased this unit so I’m still learning everything about it. I inspected the rad like you recommended and have discovered a spot where the rad has been patched with some sort of goopy compound. Other than that it’s dirty but seems to be reasonably clear of debris. With the discovery of the patch and for the sake of reliability I will be removing it and installing a new one.

As for the engine possibly running lean to to aftermarket parts this is a possibility. The exhaust does not smell rich but it does let off a brief and mild pop when decelerating at low revs.

once again I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to help me out with this.

Cheers

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
A stock one should be sufficient. You can wire the fan up on a switch so you can run it all the time in hot weather to help keep it cool. If you plan on any heavy mudding then The relocation kit might be a good idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair enough. I only plan on using it for cruising logging roads and light trail riding. Thank you for your help Polaris425 :)

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
I would think an OEM replacement would be sufficient then. If you do wire up the fan on a switch, we have a thread somewhere that explains how to tie into it with a switch that allows you to turn the fan on when you want, but still allows the thermostat to turn the fan on, in the case that you don't think about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts