Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 07 Brute Force 750 with carb issues. The front carb is leaking fuel into the front cylinder when parked. It will fill up the intake port then start to leak on the ground.

I did the obvious first:
1. Thoroughly cleaned the carbs
2. replaced the float valve
3. replaced the float
4. checked float level, it was good
5. made sure the overflow wasn't plugged, it wasn't.
6. the float valve seat looks good.

Is there something I am missing?

Is there another way for fuel to get through the carburetor?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Tank vent if plugged and is pressurizing will push fuel through a carb.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
7,503 Posts
If the overflow was working properly it would be impossible for the level to get high enough to enter the intake track. That's what it's for. Better take another look. That brass tube can get plugged pretty easy sometimes or the rubber tubes can get mud or something else on them. But if the float valve wasn't leaking some in the first place it also wouldn't be an issue. It is possible for gas to slosh-around during transport to come up the ports (Slow and Main) and as the level drops the valve opens and lets more in. A common problem for these. That why many put a shut-off inline to use while transporting. The tank vent check valve lets air in when the pump take fuel out so it never has to fight against a vacuum.. but won't let pressure/fumes/fuel escape so it will have pressure on it. Its only a few ounces at most...seems like more but it isn't.

One other possibility is the fuel pumps vacuum pulse supply line. I forget which cylinder it gets it's pulse from..but if it's the front, if there is a problem in the fuel pump, fuel can be pushed by that slight pressure right back up that tube to that intake and fall right onto the intake valves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other possibility is the fuel pumps vacuum pulse supply line. I forget which cylinder it gets it's pulse from..but if it's the front, if there is a problem in the fuel pump, fuel can be pushed by that slight pressure right back up that tube to that intake and fall right onto the intake valves.
You got it!!!! that was the problem. the diaphragm was busted and the vacuum line was sucking in fuel. I read a ton in different forums trying to find a solution and haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. THANKS!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts