Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this bike about a month ago. After taking it ridding for the first time I had trouble with overheating and fan wouldn’t turn on so I did a manual switch. At the same time I started to notice that the bike started getting harder and harder just to start and if I didn’t give it full throttle it would stall. I decided to pull the carb to give it a good clean. Clean every jet and every hole in that carb along with backing out the mix screw 2 1/2 turns. I install the carb back in and now the bike will idle fine after taking about 3min to get it to start but wont accelerate right and I hear a mocking noise every here and there. It’s got me stressed out to what I could of done wrong. Also to add that while I took it ridding and got don’t doing the manual switch I also ran into the solenoid just clicking and that I had to tap the start for it to start. Idk if I bought a sunk bike or what I did wrong. Will appreciate and help and hopefully I won’t cost me a bundle to get it right. Thanks in advance

·
7,353 Posts
Hard to say but first go through it...check the valve lash, do a compression test and a leak down test, check all the battery connections and the connections under the fuse box for corrosion, fuel pressure and volume. The knocking may just be the shoes on the primary...but maybe not. Could gauge them or remove it and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was not nocking today so that has me confused but I think I found what the problem is now. I didn’t notice yesterday but the belt light is blinking and I have looked it up so I know if it’s blinking that my bike can’t go over a certain rpm. The problem is that my bike doesn’t have the grey connection like iv heard people do and the black one that’s suppose to have the grey one next to it had torn up wires so I had to butt the up. No I’m stuck on trying to figure out how to rest the belt.

·
7,353 Posts
F'k...what a disaster. The gray cap is just a jumper....and you can still buy them from any parts house. You can use anything to jump the wires per the reset instructions but..just have to get the right ones...lol There are some YT vids that can help. In the meantime here's a shop manual that will help. Download it withing 48 hours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did give much help on the belt light but thanks for the download I found other stuff on there that I needed to know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it out and fixed it. Thanks but there another problem now. When the belt light was on the bike turned on fairly easy and now that the light is back off I just doesn’t want to start like it’s not getting gas or something. I also noticed that if I disconnect the connector in this picture the bike don’t try to start at all. I also touched the solenoid and noticed it was getting hot.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts