Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 08´brute that started too lose power on high end of rpm it kinda acts like it have a rev limiter , i have checked electric connections and sparkplugs i was thinking it might be fuel filter or fuelpump but i cant find the filter , it will rev all the way the first seconds after i start it so i dont think it is the belt switch but i am not sure this machine has 160hr and 3900 km on it . Anyone here who had this proplem ???????

i will be thankful for any ideas of what is going on :thinking:
:33:

and here is slideshow of one of many trips i took this winter on my brute

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
According to the manual the filter is in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright then i just have to buy new pump:bigeyes:

are they common to fail???

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Not sure really. It would be easy to pull it and take a look to see it if its overly dirty or rusty.

If you have not already done it i would suggest down loading the 08 service manual. It might give you a better idea about what your problem is or were to look for it.

Look at the top of the page were it says maps and manuals. You will find it there curiosity of MIMB.;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have already tried too download the manual but since i am not a subscriber i am not allowed too download

but thanks for the response . I will check the pump on monday i have too stay home too morrow since it is my wife´s birthday;)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
replace the pump when the filter is dirty! wth!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts