Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help bad. My brute about two years ago while driving in a hole just cut all electric power I wasn’t real deep in the hole water halfway up tires. Checked every thing out and it was a messed up wire fixed it got juice back. Cranked right up gave it hell ran it for few hrs no problem . Turned it off next time went to start it nothing!!! Just turns over. Few days later I go to crank it bam first try ran flawlessly turned it off went to crank it right after nothing just turns over. Checked all the minor things that a illiterate mechanically inclined person would. Bought a knew fuel pump put it in bam cranked first try ran it for a while turned it off . Tried to crank it maybe thirty seconds after shutting it off nothing turns over and never cranked.
It’s weird some days I’ll go in my garage cranks right up sounds strong no issues except the crank when it wants. If I take the fuel pump out and drain it and re install usually it cranks . I’ve cleaned my tank I’ve checked every other Avenue please help someone

·
7,388 Posts
Grab the service manual and start in the trouble shooter section. I'll almost bet you find its a bad vehicle down sensor or CPS or just some connector that got water in it and corroded. One place I would check first is the connections under the fuse box on the pre-2012s as they corrode all the time. Have to take the box loose and turn it over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was told to check the fuses first when ever it wasn’t getting any electrical juice. The starter selonoid was coroded cleaned it and it got juice to the bike. It’s just crazy I don’t understand how it cranks when it wants with no issue the. Turn key off and then no crank like the injectors not getting fuel. I lost my manual thank you for the help though any is most appreciated

·
7,388 Posts
Yea I was told to check the fuses first when ever it wasn’t getting any electrical juice. The starter selonoid was coroded cleaned it and it got juice to the bike. It’s just crazy I don’t understand how it cranks when it wants with no issue the. Turn key off and then no crank like the injectors not getting fuel. I lost my manual thank you for the help though any is most appreciated
Here's a link to a service manual you can download. Do take the fuse box off and check underneath. If the starter solenoid was corroded, water had been that high and those connections hold water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked through the trouble shooting but not getting anywhere hoping someone has had this issue would a bad relay cause the fuel pump to work sometimes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the grounding buss and The one by your gas tank I had a burnt wire on my 08 and a bad ground bad ground on both of our bikes it’s a issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts