Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fuel pump won't pump when setup stock. I jumped the pump (at the relay, red white to red yellow) to take out the CDI,fuse, and relay and now it works great. My questions are 1. As long as I use the right gauge wire should that cause any problems? 2. Is there any way to test the CDI without shelling out the money to just try it? 3. What would the proper gauge wire be and should I fuse it? 4. I checked wires, connections, and fuses....any other ideas? Thanks guys, really appreciate the board, sorry for the long winded question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info

Also, when I turn on the key with stock setup(everything as it comes from the factory) I can hear the Relay "click" like it is turning on and then 3 seconds later click again like it is turning off. I understand that to be normal operation. That would suggest that I am getting power/signal correctly to my relay....and if when jumped I get my pump to work....that should mean that the culprit is the relay right? Even though it clicks? Really looking for some guidance from someone who knows more than me about electrical. I am a mechanical guy so electrical pretty much kicks my butt.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
7,532 Posts
Well, just test the relay's load connections and see. The manual will tell which one's they are. I would be careful about jumpering things on an FI machine. There is no CDIs on them but the ECUs are just as expensive to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts