Mud in My Blood Forum banner

08 Brute force boggs/loss of power. Any Ideas?

7K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  scotts08brute 
#1 ·
2008 Kawi Brute Force 750i Fuel injected

I've posted this question a long time ago and fixed it by completely sealing the spark plug on the front cyclinder with 100% silicone.

BUT, that problem is back yet again....

Whenever I go in mud/water the atv will bog/loose power. If i push the throttle a little it will not bog until I go past a half of a quarter of the throttle. At times it will be completely fine and will not bog, although most of the time it dose.

It became so bad one time that I was wide open on the throttle in some mud/water (mostly water) and it couldn't even turn the tires, a second later a little bit of smoke and a bad smell (burning belt) came from my snorkel leading into the out-take of the clutch cover.

I can tell that it bogs down not only because of a heck of allot of power loss, but the whole sound from the snorkels become extremely loud and sounds more like a tractor than a smooth running v-twin.

Any ideas?

Did I burn a belt or something?? its brand new belt. not even 10 km on the belt.

I REALLY want to stop this whole bogging thing, its very annoying.

Any help is appreciated! THANKS!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.