Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 brute force fuel injected snorkeled with hmf pipe the problem im having is whenever i ease onto the throttle it wants to die and only when i ease onto it but other wise it runs perfect i dont know much about the fuel injected to know what to do any suggestions???

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Do you have a Fuel Controller???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not unless it is on there stock

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
You need a fuel controller for the FI Brute if your gonna run an after market pipe. Now I'm not saying thats the cause of your problem but it could be. The fuel controller does the same thing for FI bikes as jetting does for a carbed bike. Once you added the after market pipe I'm sure you changed the air fuel ratio. This can only be corrected with a fuel programmer. The best way is to have it tuned by some one experienced at it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help i read in the highlifter mag that you have to buy one when you run the hmf or any aftermarket pipe so im gonna order one and that should do the trick

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
does it do that even when warmed up?

mine tends to want to die when i first crank it up..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it does when its warm but it does not do it all the time its every once in awhile when i ease on the throttle

·
Registered
3,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i want to visit him!
I will make the pilgrimage one day.

I asked flynt a few questions thru PM. No reply..
I guess I should try Mr. Cannon

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i just put a hmf utility series pipe on my fi brute and i haven't felt it try to hesitate is there a difference in some pipes you need a fuel controller and some you don't ????

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
your will likely notice your rear header pipe glowing bright orange after a few minutes of riding. you'll need a programmer/fuel controller whatever to fix that lean condition

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
first ride was at mud nats and looked at it a few times at night and never was glowing .... have to keep an eye on that....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts