Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 750 brute force and previous owner converted to fuel injection long ago. Its been running good and one day i lost spark . I put a new cdi on it and this didnt fix the problem. i replaced the ecm and this didnt fix it. It has new plugs in it. I went after the stator and i hadnt drained the oil, but when i pulled the stator cover off... per service manual, much oil came running out of it. Is this normal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update to my adventure with no spark.....I replaced the pulse coil and installed the new stator, and i still have no spark . I did test the pulse coil and its reading was 455 ohms, however when switching to volts and spinning the motor over i get nothing. Im supposed to get 2 volts using a multimeter and i get 0. The old pulse coil gave me a reading of 1.3 volts. Cant imagine what i did wrong, but i have plenty of time, so i might be pulling the cover off again and seeing whats up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got the side cover back off and found the pulse coil wasn't the correct one....it sat to far from the flywheel and I had nothing. The pulse coil was an aftermarket and the mounting bracket was configured in a manner that put it to far away. So, I bought oem and it fired right off and I had the repaired completed!
Finger Gadget Thumb Cable Nail
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can see the original pulse coil input wires are both cracked and I ended up with no spark...no idea what causes this, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
7,579 Posts
You can see the original pulse coil input wires are both cracked and I ended up with no spark...no idea what causes this, any ideas?
There's something suspicious about how the wire is twisted. That's not the way electrical wire is assembled nor is it terminated in that fasion...ie extra twists. Otherwise, heat, incorrect installation of the coil or rotor..or a really bad main bearing can bring problems to the forefront.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did have to replace the cooling fan on this brute force, it turned on but ....turned over at reduced rate of rpm. It is likely that it has been overheated before I got it. Good eye Nmkawaierider. So for now it is up and running, has 55 lbs compression in the front and rear cylinder. It does have a low engine knock at times. I use it lightly to plow snow and put a good * glob* of slick 50 in it. It fires right up and easily pulls the front end off the ground. I may at some point need to do a rebuild, but I'd have a rebuild sitting right on my bench so I could pull and swap the motor.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
7,579 Posts
An intermittent knock may not be a rod..may just be primary clutch shoes. More for sure if it does it at idle but quits when revs-up. Just a possibility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats very good information, as I haven't pulled the clutch cover yet to look in there. It does have a cut out where the secondary clutch is ...with a bump out for a larger clutch i'm assuming. Its running 29x14x9 dirt commander tires, so I'm assuming its to turn the tires that size ...
I've replaced ...everything...in the suspension, fuel system, wire harness , etc...
So I'd bet as you are saying that those cluches may need maintenance also, as the sound goes away as I rev up. See clutch cover ..
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts