Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all you guys with the FI Brutes.....I want one.....but anyway got a buddy bring one by the shop later this week and his keeps cutting in and out and spitting.....All he has done is snorkels, clutch kit and 29.5 laws on it. What do I need to start checking??? The pics that he sent looks like the intake snork could be a 1.5" at the most a 2" if so I am pretty sure it aint getting enough air. But I could be wrong about the size of the snorks...any tips?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
If the snorks are that small I would say that is the problem. It would be running real rich. Let us know when you get your hands on it to see if they are that small.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 2 inch snorks on my 08 and it runs just as good as the day i bought it. Mine is bone stock as far as performance upgrades. mine even has the 2 inch 90. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
^ you think it runs well.
I thought mine did. When i changed over to 3" rubber elbow boy was it great.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep. power is there where you route the intake that way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 3"-2" reducer and need to change to the 3" 90 I've noticed a huge power loss! First snorkles so I will have to get it just right

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Yeah, he said it could possibly have a 1.5" intake snorkel. That would make it run extremely rich if it were the case.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, they look reallt small in the pic he sent me but I still aint seen it. He is bringing it over today after 5. But is there anything else I should look for if it aint the snorks....I know nothing about the FI system of a Brute Force...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts